October 2014

October 2014
Day Trip to Oakridge Oct 2014

Monday, February 7, 2011

We Got the Call...

Well it wasn't the call from the factory telling us the motor home is ready but it WAS an important call...one I have been waiting for for several days.

In preparation for our travels to begin, we have been catching up on all the medical things old (and not so old) people must do.  One of these was my mammogram - okay fellas, you can sign out now if you're uncomfortable.  But you gals will understand the feeling you get when they call back and say, "we need to take a closer look." 

So back for a second mammogram and an ultrasound and sure enough, not one, but TWO lumps.  The next step was a biopsy and then the waiting for the results.  That was the hardest part of the entire ordeal.  But, thank God, I am clean.  Both lumps benign, no sign of malignancy.  What was so scary to me, is I have been down this road twice before when I was younger.  I just wondered if I could really beat the odds once again.  I was pretty resigned to hearing bad news.  And yet here I am again, no cancer, and none the worse for wear.  I just have to have exams every 6 months instead of yearly and that's a small price to pay.

As an aside, I was really, REALLY worried about this biopsy.  Both of my other ones were excisional, and the first was under general anesthesia in the hospital.  The second was under local in the doctor's office and it was terrifying and not very comfortable.  The way they do it now is SOOO much better and so easy.  If you are ever faced with a core biopsy (a little different from a needle biopsy) DON'T WORRY - nothing to it.  Remember to make time for the girls!!!

Okay guys, I'm done, and you can tune back in.  I suppose this is not the best topic for a blog but I am just so thrilled with the results and wanted to share with the gals out there who will understand.  One more hurdle out of the way and we can get on with this thing called retirement! WOO-HOO!  Sorry - no photos LOL!!

P.S. Thank you Russ for being the best husband in the world and for your understanding and support.

7 comments:

  1. So happy that things turned out well! Stay on top of things... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, yay, yay! I'm happy to hear your good news. I did think when I read your blog title that it would be about your Lazy Daze, but this news is even better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LITERALLY feel like a load has been lifted. Doing my happy dance and singing...♫ ♪ God is good, all the time...put a song of joy in this heart of mine ♫ ♪ ♫ ♫

    ReplyDelete
  4. After losing my younger brother to colon cancer, (he never had a colonopscony till it was too late)Please for your 50th birthday to yourself and your family, everyone have one done. We are so glad your tests were okay. What a relief for you. Yes God is Good and does watch over us. Be safe out there. Sam & Donna...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to hear the results were good. I've only had the second call once, and it turned out to be a benign cyst, but that one time was plenty scary.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad all turned out good. We all have to remember to take care of ourselves while we are out here.

    ReplyDelete