October 2014

October 2014
Day Trip to Oakridge Oct 2014

Monday, February 21, 2011

Beautiful day on I-5 & doves in the morning

Tonight's post is from yours truly, Russ!!  Donna has the night off.

We're in a hurry to get into Therapy, so we're zooming down I-5. Not looking for scenery but it was a beautiful day.

Spent the night in Coalinga, CA down wind from a world class stockyard. Fourtunately, that didn't interupt a good night's sleep. I got up early and went for a walk around with my camera. The moon was still showing


the birds were singing,

 and the doves were cooing.

I enjoy a quiet morning with the soothing sound of the birds and the peaceful cooing of the doves. That's a wonderful way to start the day. Then the sun came up

and really made my morning complete.

Even the smell of the stockyard faded after that. Now for a great breakfast with waffles, bacon and eggs at the motel, and we hit the road again!

3 comments:

  1. So glad the stockyard aromas faded. They can be overpowering! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having lived in Clovis, NM for several years, we know the smell of stockyards...the people there said it was the "smell of money." Wonderful pics -- again:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know just where you were when you posted this.

    ReplyDelete