October 2014

October 2014
Day Trip to Oakridge Oct 2014

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Little Oscar

How many of you remember Little Oscar the World's Smallest Chef and the jingle that goes along with it?  Aha, if you remember you must be part of my generation LOL!

Well, I don't think Oscar Meyer still has Little Oscar as a mascot anymore but the Wienermobile is alive and well.  It was at a local grocery store today and Russ went out and took a few photos.  While he was snapping pictures, one of our sons showed up to have a peek too.  Don't know why he didn't get a picture of Josh with this iconic piece of Americana. 

So although this is not about travel today it is about fun.  This doesn't look quite like I remember from my childhood but I guess technology changes everything to one degree or another.
Talk about the tail wagging the dog!!


I guess all dogs like to look out the front windows!

Interesting doors - don't know who the people are.

Okay, all together now... Oh I wish I were an Oscar Meyer wiener..♫ ♪

5 comments:

  1. OK, now you've got that song stuck in my head for the day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We seem to remember a lot of old commercial ditties -- and that's certainly one of them! Can't tell you where or when, but we remember seeing the Weinermobile also, with a different undercarriage. Thanks for the memories -- now you can sing that old Bob Hope theme!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with Judy, now that song will be in my head all evening. Love the pictures. Another great memory for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes, I remember the song well -- "Oh I wish I were an Oscar Mayer weiner..." Thanks for the memories:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well now that everyone is singing old commercials, we should have a contest to see which ones we all remember...or how about theme songs from old TV shows...Like "They call him Flipper, Flipper, faster than lightning, no one you see, is smarter (or is it faster?) than he...LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete