I tell ya, these are some strong winds. I looked out the window this morning and saw the winds still blowing, after they rocked us to sleep last night. I swear I saw three motor homes fly by in the breeze. I sent Russ and Poppy to the dog park but what I got back were Scarecrow and the Cowardly Lion. I half expected a bunch of little people to jump out of the oleanders and start singing the Lollipop Guild song. I haven’t seen the Wicked Witch of the West yet, regardless of what Russ may tell you!
The wind is an equal opportunity blower as it shifts directions at will.
But still we are having fun and loving it here. This is a beautiful park and the views are great. We did have a couple of problems today. We have not been keeping a close eye on our propane and when I couldn’t get the water to boil for dinner, I finally checked it. We are almost empty but I did manage to get the spaghetti done. We looked at the brochure from the park and found they have a mobile delivery company so hopefully we can get someone to deliver tomorrow.
Earlier, Russ and I went down to look over the clubhouse and other facilities. There is a great patio area with a big swimming pool and two spas. At certain places on the patio are painted beautiful purple contrast stripes. I walked towards a covered area to inspect the ping pong table. That area was set off by another of those painted purple stripes. This time however, that stripe marked a step up in the pavement. I just thought it was another decorative stripe and I tripped over it and went FLAT down. I was glad the weather was windy and chilly as I was wearing long pants and that saved my knees from getting badly skinned. ..and also with no one in the pool, Russ was the only witness to my clumsy display. My hands got the worst of it and the right hand is really bruised and painful. Hey, it could have been worse. Nothing is broken and the only real damage was to my pride! We did talk to the office though and explain that if decorative paint is used all over the patio, perhaps it would be wise to use a DIFFERENT color when there is an actual obstacle to be aware of.
Well here’s hoping tomorrow will be better. My beloved Ducks just lost a close game to USC and so their hopes of another shot at the National Title are gone for this year. They can still take the Pac-12 Championship so I am still proud of them. It’s only football!! Good Night All.
Those were sure some strong looking winds hope they quiet down for you. Sorry to hear you fell and hope your hand feels better soon.
ReplyDeleteThat's what I keep saying all football season, it's only football and it's only a game. Dave officiated his very last game of this season today--an eight-man playoff game in Centralia. I hope the winds abate soon and that your body heals up really fast! Enjoy the sunshine.
ReplyDeleteHey You, falling down is my trick! Sorry to hear you're following in my (uneven) path. The winds look pretty fierce, but I bet it's better than being under the (wet) trees. It was beautiful here today, but it's raining again.
ReplyDeleteFirst thing I do if I fall is to look around and see if anyone else saw my stupidity, The I check to see if I can get up. It sure hurts worse in your 60's than it did in your 20's. Hope yopu recover quickly, I'm sure .Russ was gracious and didn't laugh out loud at you. Be safe out there. Sam & Donna..
ReplyDeleteOuch; sorry to hear you took a spill ... and yes, it could have been worse; just read about the spill Sue's daughter took ... she did a bit more damage.
ReplyDeleteGah! There's not much that makes my stomach jump worse than when someone takes a tumble, especially when it's unexpected.
ReplyDeleteYou seem to have a good attitude about it though, but like you say, it would be little bit better if they had used a DIFFERENT colour for a dangerous bit. Red maybe? Orange?
Orange you glad you were wearing long pants?
(sorry)
Been awhile since I have taken a tumble but I do know it sure seems to hurt in a lot more places than it used to when I do.
ReplyDeleteI recently took a tumble myself up at Mammoth Lakes...went out in the snow, came back inside, didn't remove my boots, and went SPLAT! right on the vinyl kitchen floor! My camera went flying and I broke the viewfinder. My right knee is now swollen and my right should hurts like $#%%! I lay face down for a few seconds to try to figure out if I broke anything...nothing broke, just my pride and camera.
ReplyDeleteHave to agree with Al. Haven't "taken a tumble" in a while, but it does put some aches in the sensitive areas! Incidentally, we do prefer the word tumble. Anyone can tumble, but only old folks fall, and we ain't ain't folks yet!
ReplyDeleteDonna, glad you're okay after your fall. I did exactly the same thing walking into a restaurant, recently only it was a piece of cement that wasn't marked. It's the norm for me. I have a tendency to rush and find myself in a pile on the ground quite often. Funny how the first thing you do is look around to see who saw the graceful landing!
ReplyDeleteJack and I saw those kinds of winds in Texas--almost lost the trailer!
Keep enjoying life--hope your hand feels better very soon.
All of these people falling reminds me of that "Help, I've fallen and I can't get up!" commercial. :(
ReplyDeleteSince falling and breaking an ankle, I am so caution when I'm walking. However, I fell last year and hurt for days. Wish we could still bounce like we did as kids.
ReplyDeleteI'm trying to catch up, and sure don't like it when friends have something icky show up when I am off galavanting around. Glad your spill didn't include anything broken. Mo's sister slipped on the ice, not a bad fall at all, and broke her wrist and her ankle! Ack. You take care, Donna! seems as though a bunch of us are taking these little dumps. Maybe it just is a "thing", I guess. wind in the desert, also a "thing", a given. just plan on it and when it stops you might be really surprised.
ReplyDeleteso sorry to hear you took a spill Donna!..seems to be a day or night for falling over!..maybe it was the 'wicked witch of the west' that pushed you?..
ReplyDeletetake care of yourself..enjoy the wind!..at least it keeps it cooler!!..I vote for going to the pool..probably no one there..maybe there is even whitecaps!
Your fall reminded me of my own mishap at the same park, last winter. When I bent over the pool to test the water temperature with my hand, my cell phone fell out of my pocket into the pool. Without giving it a thought, I jumped into rescue it.
ReplyDeleteOdel was mighty surprised, both by the fact that I jumped into a swimming pool fully clothed - in winter clothing - and that I could move so fast! I had to walk all the way back to the MH dripping water from my heavy clothing and squishing in my shoes. It was a cold walk...
... and no payoff. My phone was ruined!
Be safe.
Hope your hand feels better soon!! Not being able to cook pasta around here would be a major tragedy:)
ReplyDeleteI can relate to your fall...did the exact same thing in Fl..I wasn't lucky enough for it to be my pride that hurt the worst...my foot was broken..Rick carted me off to the hospital..flew back home with a cast...:(...they should mark those areas so that they do not blend in...glad your ok and your hand isn't broken...hope you recover fast..
ReplyDeleteLOL! You commenters are as funny as your blog post! I love the humor. Especially like the word "tumble" instead of "fall." And "I found myself in a pile on the ground." Great!
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry about your fall, though. It's embarrassing, but also dangerous. Thank goodness you didn't break anything. I'm glad you mentioned the stripping to management. They really should change the color to something different. I hope you hand is better soon.
Really high winds can be scary. That's how I felt in Hurricane, UT. I was afraid my vent covers would blow off. It sounds like that park has a lot of wind. How long are you staying?
Great post and awesome photos! Sorry about your fall and injury but you really gotta do something about that attitude! You went ahead and fixed dinner and just carried on as normal. You need to whine and moan more and milk this thing as long as you can. (Sorry Russ) Keep up the great blogging.
ReplyDeleteSharon
There is a commercial I've seen recently. I think they are selling those alert thingies. It gives a quote that something like 60% (?) of people over 65 will fall this year. HEY - from the looks of the comments here, seems this group is clumsier than the average! (Include me in the falling down group too)
ReplyDeleteGlad you are okay.
ahAH Kansas!
ReplyDeleteGlad you didn't have any worse damage and hope by now you are all recovered!!!