I've been having a heck of a time with internet connection here so hopefully I can get this to post. I have been reading as many blogs as I can but not always commenting as it take so long to upload anything. So if you don't see my note, that doesn't mean I haven't stopped by. Sometimes it's a dropped connection that makes my comments not post but at any rate, hope you all know how much I appreciate reading about your adventures even if I can't always get a comment to post. Take care.
Hope you are all having a wonderful Thanksgiving with all the wonderful foods and friends and family that you can handle!
This is a weird holiday for us this year. First one in many, many years that we have not been with family. We just thought we would try something different and see how it works. I am so thankful that most of my family is in Oregon and we can see them all often.
I made enchiladas, beans, and rice for our Thanksgiving feast and we had it Wednesday evening. If we feel like it, on Thanksgiving Day we are going to take off and go see some of the sights around the area. Might even go as far as Borrego Springs. We figure most folks will be hunkered down over a turkey so we will have the roads all to ourselves (yeah, right!). So we’ll see what happens.
Today we went to visit some old friends of ours…old in the sense that we have known them for a long time, not that they are as old as we are! Gary and Charlotte are Senior Pastors at Christian Center here in Desert Hot Springs. We got to see them last summer when they came through Oregon so we wanted to touch bases while we are here. Had a wonderful visit in their beautiful home and then they were on their was to spend Thanksgiving with their kids in Fresno.
Russ got a nice picture of the sky this morning with the jet trails adding their streaks to the wispy clouds overhead.
Well, it’s Thanksgiving and while I enjoy the holiday and the sentiment, I wish that we could remember everyday what we have to be thankful for. It’s easy to become discourage and even bitter about the economy, politics, family issues, poverty, occupiers…you name it, we can find a negative to worry about. But what is more important is to search for that little nugget of positivity that can be found in almost every situation.
I consider myself blessed, not only because I live and travel in a place that I love, but because of the blessings that we may forget to acknowledge on a day to day basis. I am thankful for my kids and their spouses and my grandkids. I am thankful for my wonderful siblings and their extended families. I am thankful that I have a wonderful husband, and that he has family that I love as my own. I am thankful for friends.
I am thankful for love and acceptance, both to give and to receive, without judgment. I am thankful that I still have the faith of a child and can believe in what I cannot see with my eyes. Yes, I believe in God and my faith sustains me when all else fails. For that I am thankful. May I never outgrow the simplicity of belief.
Happy Thanksgiving All and may we be truly thankful, not just today, but every day. God Bless.
Great post Donna -- we are blessed!
ReplyDeleteWere Thankful to have all you great bloggers in our list of family. Since we started our blog I have to say we have been blessed with so many new friendships, couples visiting us and us visiting them. what a great country we live in. Thanks all, and have a Blessed and Happy Thanksgiving. Be safe out there. Sam & Donna...
ReplyDeleteHappy Thanksgiving ... and yes, we have so much to be thankful for though it may not seem so in the daily grind.
ReplyDeleteHappy Thanksgiving to you. What a nice post. You are absolutely right, we take too much for granted that we should be thankful for each and every day.
ReplyDeleteYou made me cry sister! You are so right...we are so blessed. I'm thankful that you are my sister. I'm thankful for Russ because he is not only a great guy, but he loves you so much. I'm thankful for the internet that keeps us connected while you are away from home. And, like you, I am thankful for God and all His many blessings.
ReplyDeleteHappy Thanksgiving!
Sharon
Enchiladas for Thanksgiving. How interesting. I've never had an enchilada. Happy Enchilada day to you too.. :)
ReplyDeleteHave a wonderful Thanksgiving Day...and yes we all need to be thankful no matter what day it is...:) enjoy
ReplyDeleteHappy Thanksgiving Russ and Donna!!..hope you have a windless day!!..enjoy the festivities!!!
ReplyDeleteLove, love, LOVE the last three paragraphs of this post! So agree with you.
ReplyDeleteHappy Thanksgiving to you!
Happy Thanksgiving! Hope you are having a great day!
ReplyDeleteHappy Thanksgiving Russ and Donna!
ReplyDeleteWhat a well written post! You are so right...we are blessed and should reflect our blessings each and every day. Thanks for the reminder!!
Hope you had a super day!!
Donna, I could not have said it better. You have a wonderful outlook, no wonder you're so happy!
ReplyDeleteHere's hoping for a very Happy Thanksgiving to you and Russ! I'm thankful to have you both as friends. :)
Amen. Each and every day. Great Post!
ReplyDeleteAmen Donna!
ReplyDeleteYou were very brave, being away from family for the holiday! Although it was our plan originally, I couldn't do it... and while we were with everyone, Hubster pulled me over and said "now isn't this better than just the two of us in some RV park someplace?" and he got a resounding Y.E.S.!!!