I know Montana is called Big Sky Country but I am thinking maybe that title could apply to some parts of California as well. Although we had a rain shower last night, the sky has cleared today and the slight wind is keeping the temperatures down. I cannot get over this blue sky.
The sky changes so rapidly as the clouds move in and out, blown by the ever changing wind.
Having grown up in smog filled southern California, I had forgotten that much progress has been made towards cleaner air in the last 40+ years that I have been gone. And most of my growing up years were spent in the area around San Bernardino, at the base of the mountains where the smog would just settle in and not move. This desert sky and air are wonderful.
Here’s a nice place; looks like they are settled in for the season.
Here’s some evidence of the windstorm we had a few days ago. This is in town (Desert Hot Springs).
I read on the weather service page that we had gusts of 50+ mph! I guess that helps keep the smog cleared out. Maybe if they turned off those giant white fans the wind would not be so bad:)
Gonna go have us some BBQ in a few so I’ll close this off for now. Have a great week and Good Night All.
I like those pics of the mountains! :)
ReplyDeleteI saw the snow on the mountains this morning when I went for my morning walk! Wasn't it beautiful?
ReplyDeleteOkay - I'll give you Blue Sky but not Big Sky. Can you tell I'm a native Montanan? Hope you enjoyed your BBQ.
ReplyDeleteHope Rick and Paulette Doyle enjoy seeing their trailer from a different point of view.
ReplyDeleteAwesome photos.
ReplyDeleteI think I'm not giving California enough credit. All the beautiful photos I've taken everywhere else, and here you have gorgeous Southern California photos. I'm going to have to go slower next time I'm there. Maybe travel to the desert.
ReplyDeletenice looking neighbours you have!..and great blue sky!..hope the dinner was delicious!!..enjoy the warm sunshine..rainy and crappy here....we have wind warnings for tonight and tomorrow!..should be a fun night!!
ReplyDeleteGlad your getting those blue skies. Enjoy the BBQ.
ReplyDeleteThe air is definitely a lot cleaner than when I first moved to southern California in the mid-80's. Nice pictures of the blue sky.
ReplyDeleteNice blue-sky scenery; I especially like the swirl of wispy clouds in the first picture.
ReplyDeleteSure looks like those folks down the wash are settled in for the winter in their spot - looks eerily familiar!
ReplyDeleteThanks for coming over to our bbq last night, we enjoyed your company and had a great time!
I would love to soak in some of that sunshine. we have had nothing but rain here at the beach. But that's what we expected, so it's not a surprise. ;)
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteSorry about the multiple posts--I guess I really want to see that sunshine! :-)
ReplyDeleteDefinitely big sky country!
ReplyDeleteIt's amazing how winds can destroy chain link like that. Thanks for the beautiful photos!
ReplyDelete