We were up early for our appointment at the factory. Got the awning fixed and the wallet is a bit lighter now!! No, no insurance – I don’t think they write a policy for operator error. It’s still a tiny bit off kilter but at least the support was replaced and it is useable again.
We arrived at The Sands RV Park in Desert Hot Springs this afternoon. As we were making our way to our spot, who should we spy walking along the road but Rick and Paulette and their two pups on their way to the dog park. Perfect timing!! We had a quick “Howdy” but then it was work time for us, getting set-up and settled.
I was too tired to fix much in the way of supper but I did manage some Rice-a-Roni with hamburger and some peas and a salad. Not exactly gourmet but good enough to get us by for the night. Remember that old commercial…”give it to Mikey, he’ll eat anything”… just change Mikey to Russell, and there you have it… (makes it easy on me!!)
The Sands had a special – pay for 7 days and get two more free, so we are here for a total of 9 days. Feels good to be somewhere and not have to move for a while. With the wonderful weather we can dry out everything that got wet in Santa Cruz. We may even feel a bit drier ourselves! I’m enjoying the dry air.
I know ya’ll must be getting tired of our sunrise/sunset pictures by now, but we are still enthralled with the gorgeous colors we see almost every night and every morning. In Eugene, the only color we see in the sky this time of year is GRAY. So just a couple more that we took at the Sands tonight and then I’ll give it a rest (unless, of course, we get another sunset too good to miss).
And then there is the new graphic we had painted on the motor home tonight, courtesy of the Greatest Artist!
Tomorrow there will be new sights to see and new adventures to embrace. The sun will be shining and we will be happy campers. Until then, rest well and travel safe. Good night all.
Glad you made it to the Sands. A 9 day stay means you should still be there next Friday, if I am correct we will see you then. Glad the awning repair was quick. Sorry about the lighter wallet. Enjoy your stay.
ReplyDeleteHow great it is to keep meeting up with other bloggers!
ReplyDeleteSay hello to Rick from all of us here in Blogland.
I never get tired of sunsets. Right now i am working on a collection of dancing shadows around our house. I plan on doing a video collection of sunsets when we are traveling. We have to many trees to get good views here.
our two favourite bloggers together in the same place!..how great is that!!..so jealous..snowing mixed with rain here..galldarnit!!..enjoy the sunrises and sunsets!..
ReplyDeleteRain, rain, rain, gray skies galore here--you picked the right timing to go south! No sunsets or sunrises to enjoy in our neck of the woods, so I've been enjoying your pictures. The sunset reflected in your window is just fabulous and I agree with you about the magnicifence of the Artist! You'll probably even get to use that new awning every day without having to worry about any rain. ;)
ReplyDeleteToo much fun, wish we were there.
ReplyDeleteNice reflection ... even better that your "graphic" changes with time and place.
ReplyDeleteYou picked a good place for a vacation, wish we could get out there too. be safe out there. Sam & Donna...
ReplyDeleteI agree, how cool is it that two blogger friends get to spend some hours together.
ReplyDeleteNice graphic! It's good to be warm and dry. :)
ReplyDeleteNever apologize for sunrise/set pictures!! They are always a joy to see. And I agree - that "graphic" on the side of the rig is just breathtaking. The Artist always knows what He's doing, doesn't He!
ReplyDeleteEnjoy!
That sunset reflection pic is a beauty! We'll definitely see you around sometime today!!
ReplyDeleteGlad you arrived safely ~ I could never tire of sunset & sunrise photos... Love them!
ReplyDeleteHave fun & Travel safe
Donna
Love that sunset reflection! I can also relate to your gourmet dinner - The Cowboy will eat anything I put in front of him and always compliment me! Glad you are safe and sound at your destination.
ReplyDeleteLove those sunset photos! The one of your window is really neat. The reflected sunset is turning Therapy pink.
ReplyDeleteDinner looks just fine to me... I'm hungry!
what fun to get to sit in a park with fellow bloggers after a fun meet up!!!
ReplyDeletelove the window shot!!!