October 2014

October 2014
Day Trip to Oakridge Oct 2014

Friday, November 4, 2011

Must Be My Week…Another Present!!


Russ came home from the post office with a big box today.  I had no idea what was in it.  SURPRISE!!  It was a box from Blogging buddy Carol, from Carol K’s Journey.  Carol became a grandma for the first time this year and just recently purchased a sewing machine.  She wants to learn to quilt and said it has been a long time since she has done much sewing.  However, from the looks of what she sent me, she hasn’t lost her touch.

Russ pulled things out of the box and tried to explain to me what they were.  He said there was a scarf, two ear muffs, and a pillow.  And since he was all dressed in his best Duck Gear, he said the entire present must be for him. (basketball not included, batteries sold separately!)

P1010595


No, Russ, WRONG, guess again.

P1010599

No, it is NOT an arm warmer.

As any WOMAN can tell you, this very nice handmade present is a table runner, two pot holders and a throw pillow.  If the pillow wasn’t so nice, I would throw it at Russ!!

P1010596


Carol and Dave know we are Duck fans so she could not have made anything any nicer or more appreciated.  She says she was just practicing but it sure doesn’t look like “practice” to me!!  Thank you so much Carol.  I really appreciate your thoughtfulness.

In other news…we are almost packed up and ready to roll on Sunday afternoon.  Will probably only go as far as Seven Feathers the first night but it’s a start.  We are in no hurry and are just meandering down the road at our own pace.  We plan on about a 4 week jaunt.  Who knows how far we can get in four weeks???

Time for a little rolling Therapy!
*****************
BTW, I’m not big on conspiracy theories, but…certain nefarious types have let it be known that they are going to annihilate FB tomorrow on Guy Fawkes Day (Google it!)  Who knows if they will be able to do what they threaten but that may not be all they hack.  I backed up my blog today just in case!!

12 comments:

  1. Duck gear?? Duck fans!?!? Aw shucks, guys.

    Nefarious like 4chan/Anonymous? Some of those guys are pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a lovely gift!.and so fitting for our favourite Oregon Duck fans..wonder if we tell Carol we like the Vancouver Canucks if she will send us a care package too?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful gifts! And from truly sweet friends ~ Dave and Carol are the best!!! Have fun on your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Boy are you spoiled. And isn't it so much fun. Your four week jaunt will be so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, I'm not sure that Russ actually needs any more Duck gear, but he can rest his weary head on the pillow if he doesn't want to use the potholders and table runner. Because YOU sent ME your leftover child-oriented fabric and patterns, I had to make something for YOU. Turn-about is fair play! Have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's wonderful to have friends think of you and send surprises! Enjoy your goodies. And I agree - they don't look like practice; they look beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Don't 'cha just love blogging buddies?????

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm beginning to like Russ more every day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hat's off to Bloggyland buddies! How sweet of CarolK to send surprises! Sometimes I wish ALL of you could unite in one place so we could all have a camping party!
    By the way, I love your new chair...I added it to my Wish List! Blessings, K

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a nice surprise. We are Arkansas Razorback fans -- ever heard of them? LOL! GO HOGS!! Be safe & enjoy your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the comment on our blog; we made it down Highway 395 just before the snow but didn't get a chance to stop in Bishop. Seven Feathers is probably the best resort we've been to - enjoy your trip and safe travels!

    ReplyDelete