October 2014

October 2014
Day Trip to Oakridge Oct 2014

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

We Survived the LA Freeways!!! AND Met Blogger Friends!


We interrupt this blog for an unapologetic Grandkid moment.  My 12 year old granddaughter Rebekah just called to tell me she sang her first solo at her very first Middle School choir concert.  Without further ado…Here’s Bekah…






And if that link doesn't work, try my FB page


http://www.facebook.com/1949Donna


Yup, I'm a bragging grandma and proud of it LOL!!  I had to miss this concert during our trip so I was so happy to see the video.


And now back to our regularly scheduled blog!!



Okay, as promised, here are some pictures of the Evergreen RV Park in Oxnard where we stayed last night.  It looked a little better this morning after a good night’s sleep but it still doesn’t look like the pictures on the website.  Just so you know, if you are looking for a place to stay in this area, this park is okay for a night but beware that access is very tight and all sites are back-in.


P1010958

There seemed to be more than a few permanent residents and since the spaces are so short, many cars are parked in the streets.  We made it in and out okay but it is tight.  Russ got some nice shots as the sun was coming up this morning.

P1010960

P1010968

The sky changed colors so dramatically that I couldn’t choose which picture to post so I’m going to post another one!  Thanks you Russ for taking all the photos.

P1010965

Next door to the park was a fire station with an orange tree right up against the fence.
  Maybe it’s a grapefruit tree, I don’t know…


P1010976

Russ found a Kokopelli while he was out shooting so that made him happy.

P1010978
These were our neighbors and all I could think of when I saw this picture was the song about dancing cheek to cheek!  Picture was taken from our coach window.

P1010972

As we were hooking up the toad this morning we heard a “Hi, Russ” and looked up to see Bob Estrada walking his dog.  This was the fella we met yesterday in Paso Robles and he had spent the night at Evergreen Park too!  We had a nice visit and all too soon it was time to hit those LA freeways.

We had a couple of slowdowns but all in all it was an uneventful trip.  A couple of drawers came loose and the dishes rattled from those bumpy freeways, but we made pretty good time.  I still can’t get used to the motorcycles riding between the lanes of traffic.  Geez!  That’s just crazy.  Yesterday we saw a guy standing on his pegs doing a wheelie while riding at breakneck speed between the cars.  These guys are nuts!

We are at the Fairplex KOA in Pomona for the night.  It’s really quite a pleasant park and only about 5 miles from the factory so it seems to be a perfect place for our layover.  The park has a ton of empty spaces.

P1010990

P1010993 copy 2

So can anyone tell me why we have to be so jammed up together?  Almost every rig that is in here is parked in one section of the park while the rest of the park is empty and quiet.  Oh well, it’s just for a night.

P1010991 

We were very grateful to fellow Blogger Allen DuGuay, and his lovely wife Lolita for letting us know about this KOA.  It is in a nice area and is really very attractive.  AND Allen and Lolita came and got us and gave us a quick tour of Pomona and surrounding area and then took us out to a nice dinner.  We talked a lot about RVing and some of the blogs we follow.  It was so fun to meet them, and like all meetings with bloggers, it seemed like we had known them forever.  Allen and Lolita are about a year and half away from retirement and are still deciding which ,motor home might be right for them.  Check out Allen’s blog and follow along on their travels.





Tomorrow we head to the factory to see if we can get the awning fixed and then it is off for destinations unknown.  See you down the road and Goodnight all.

12 comments:

  1. We have reservations at the Pomona KOA for New Years so we can go over to Pasadena to see the float building and the Rose Parade. Thanks for the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We stayed at Fairplex many years ago when we still lived in Riverside. How sad to see so many empty sites and the rest of you all jammed together.

    Congratulations, Bekah! How great for you to see her on video.

    Good luck with your awning repair!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Russ & Donna it looks like you are still having fun. We hope that you both have a great Thanksgiving day on your travels. We hope to run into you somewhere on the road. God bless you both!

    Jeff & Sheryl

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can never have too many sunrise or sunset photos! What beautiful colors.

    I've noticed how they cram everyone in one area and leave the rest of the campground empty. I don't understand it either.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You granddaughter did a lovely job on her solo. I'm glad you got to see it. Those grandchildren are too few and far between! The sunset pictures are just beautiful! I hope you get your awning fixed easily. Safe travels!
    Candy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bekah did a great job on her solo!!..nice to see you got to meet Allen and Lolita!!..another blogger to add to your list!..how mnay is that now??

    ReplyDelete
  7. Our congratulations to Bekah, it was a very nice solo. Russ, thanks for sharing your beautiful sunrise photos. Donna it was really nice meeting you and Russ and enjoyed your company, thanks for making the time. Hope to meet you guy's down the road again one day. Glad the KOA worked out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved the thumbs up!!! Way to go Bekah. And meeting blog friends is just the perfect way to end a day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I forgot to say that I really liked your pictures of the sunrise. I don't generally get to see the sunrise because I'm a night owl rather than a morning person!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love that tree picture! U guys are really gone, huh? not just for a week end. LA is terrible to drive in, sooo nerve wracking. Miss those palm trees too! Travel safe!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Welcome to the Sands RV Park!!

    ReplyDelete