October 2014

October 2014
Day Trip to Oakridge Oct 2014

Friday, November 18, 2011

This Coach Be Rockin’ !!!!


This morning started out with beautiful blue skies and just the hint of a breeze.  Russ even dressed in his desert outfit today!

P1020034


We took a walk to the pond and saw at least one other Oregon duck…but he was camera shy.  The water in the pond is completely clear and we could see little fish swimming around in there.

P1020032

Another visit to the dog park where Poppy continued to amaze us.  She was very well behaved and actually sniffed noses with a couple of little dogs.  She loves this park and it is large enough where she doesn’t feel threatened by the other dogs.

THEN…things begin to change.  First the clouds rolled in.

P1020030 

And then the winds started blowing.  Wasn’t too bad at first but by afternoon the winds were howling and the coach was being buffeted from side to side.  We were in for a wild ride for a few hours.  Of course Poppy did not like that at all and begged us to make it stop.  Here’s a few seconds of video of what we were experiencing today.






It seems to have quieted down some for now but the weather report issued a severe weather alert for winds until midnight.  Actually, I found it somewhat refreshing and it kept the temperatures down.  I finally had to close the door and windows because I was getting downright chilly.  Tomorrow promises to be less wind and mild temperatures.  Just right.

Look how the wind is blowing these palm trees.


P1020037

Other than listening to the wind, and feeling the coach rock and roll, we spent the day just relaxing.  Made a quick run to the grocery store then sat around and read books and played on the computer.  NICE!!  Good night all.

13 comments:

  1. Go an error message on the video, it said to try again later. I will...

    ReplyDelete
  2. No wind here in Corona, only cloudy skies all day and in the 50's. Looks like nice weather forecast for Thanksgiving week in the desert. Russ looks good in his desert outfit. Glad Poppy likes the dog park.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I then copied and pasted the URL into my browser and it worked. What a wind! Poor Poppy! But at least there was no thunder.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, good video! Glad it's calming down for you.

    I pulled up in my truck one day when I was in Texas and two wheels on one side of my trailer lifted right off the ground. I waited until it died down, then Jack and I ran and got in. It started back up in the middle of the night and we were really rockin' and rollin' (I figured the most we could fall was 3-4 feet). Jack decided he wanted out of the trailer in the middle of the night. I opened the door a crack, holding really tight, and he decided he'd rather stay in the trailer. I was amazed at how much sand got in even though everything was closed up.

    Again, glad you are safe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wind? What wind? LOL! This is just air off a duck's back!!

    That was just a light afternoon breeze here in the desert! We don't count it as wind until the tables in the dog park are blown into the pond - and, that has happened!!

    Anyway, it's 6pm now and the wind has died right down and it looks to be a quiet night!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Isn't the Sands a wonderful place???

    ReplyDelete
  7. just a little bag of wind to clear the cobwebs off the palm trees!..hope tomorrow is less windy for you!!..hang in there Poppy..Tucker has been in wind storms in Osoyoos so we know all about it!!..and we left the awning out!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm always just a little bit afraid that one of those tall palm trees with its shallow roots will topple over during a wind storm. My question is: was it too windy to leave your awning out? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. How can you tell which are Oregon ducks? Do they wear little yellow and green uniforms? Probably since the big win over Stanford, lots of ducks are pretending to be from Oregon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. In retrospect, it was a little 'breezy' last night after all!!

    The sun's still shining this morning though so here's hoping the wind doesn't decided to hang around for the day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. We got that wind here in Las Vegas too! But it didnt stop us from getting out and seeing the town a bit more.
    But today we are kicking it at "home". Need a break from all the activity.
    We will be heading to Palm Springs after here, so maybe we will check out the Sands.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hmmm. You had me going with that title. Have you heard the expression, "If the van's a-rockin, don't come a-knockin"? I think it was a 60's thing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You guys are so funny!! Love Rick's comment, too.

    Russ, your desert outfit is very handsome! Love the new duds! Does Poppy recognize you?

    Wow, the video is kind of scary. Do those palms every get ripped out by the wind?

    ReplyDelete