October 2014

October 2014
Day Trip to Oakridge Oct 2014

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Good Breakfast, Great Dinner…we’re happy!!


We spent last night in the RV Park at Rolling Hills Casino in Corning, CA.  I was a bit disappointed as we paid for full hook-ups so we could get a good Wi-Fi signal and we couldn’t get squat!  So no internet last night or this morning, except for a few minutes when we took the computer into the business center.

BUT today was senior day at the casino and that means half price at the buffet.  For $8.95 total for both of us, we had an excellent breakfast.  They feature made to order omelets plus all the other stuff you find at buffets and all the coffee you care to drink.  We were fairly conservative in how we loaded our plates, but we certainly did not go away hungry.

Rolling Hills Casino is where we met our very first bloggers, Dave and Carol.  We met them there in February of this year as we were headed down to pick up Therapy and they were headed back from Pismo Beach.  That was when I realized that there was an entire community of wonderful people out there in Blogland. 

Tonight we are in Felton, CA at the Santa Cruz Redwoods RV Park.  This is where we stayed when we were bringing Therapy home and also where we met our second blogging buddies, Kate and Terry.  They also have a 30’ Lazy Daze.  It was from reading Kate on the Lazy Daze users group that we first became seriously interested in getting one of these rigs.  Russ called and talked to Kate and she answered many of our questions and was so gracious in sharing her knowledge of the Lazy Daze motor homes.

Tonight we were privileged to meet with Kate and Terry again.  We had dinner at Bruno’s BBQ in Scott’s Valley and man was it good!  We didn’t eat BBQ ,but Russ, Kate, and I each had a killer burger – all different- and shared a plate of delicious fries.  Terry had a yummy looking salad, but I did see him nab a couple of fries for his leftover Bleu Cheese dressing!

us four4
Terry, Russ, Donna, Kate
 

Tomorrow we are getting the grand tour of Santa Cruz and we are looking forward to that.  Kate is going to show us where she gets all her pelican pictures. 

We have been spending a lot of time on the road or without internet access so I am behind on my blog reading.  I hope to get caught up in the next few days.  In the meantime, know that I think of you all often and I appreciate so much all of you who follow along with us and leave such nice comments for us to read.  It’s funny when Russ and I talk, much of our conversations revolve around our blogging friends.  He’ll say, “Did you see where Barbara and Katie are now?”…and I’ll ask, “Did you see Judy finally got her fridge fixed?”…and on it goes…blog after blog…friend after friend….until we have exhausted the list (and ourselves!).  We really do feel a kinship with our cyber friends and think it is truly wonderful when we meet you in person and form yet another bond of friendship.

Good night all.

17 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shout out. Here, here to meeting up with blogging friends! I'm happy that you have (almost) reached the ocean, one of my favorite places. I'm waiting to find out where you're going next...meanwhile, enjoy your tour of Santa Cruz. We saw some amazing Monarch butterflies when we were there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those half price buffets!

    Have to admit that I have not had the luxury of sitting back and reading all of your posts but I am looking forward to it once I have the time.

    Your posts are a pleasure to read. Keep up the great work and keep enjoying your travels.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to see you met up with your friends, and yes sometimes when your on the road you do get behind in the blogs and have to take time to catch up. Be safe out there. Sam & Donna...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, what a nice post. Gotta love the blogging buddies. I must say everyone we've met have been great people.

    And a 1/2 price buffet - that's my kind of place. (Although I really NEED to stay away from buffets. Limited willpower, you know)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so agree - reading the blogs and keeping up with those friends is a big part of my day, too. And getting to meet them in person is such a treat! Hoping some day we might have that privilege with you and Russ.

    ReplyDelete
  6. so nice when you get to meet blogging buddies and fellow RVers...we love the family atmosphere..no matter how busy the day is I certainly try and find time to keep up with blog reading..if I'm a day behind I schedule out time to play catch up..:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Missed your blog while you were off line. Glad you met up with your friends and enjoy your day in Santa Cruz. Never been to Rolling Hills Casino before will have to stop and try that buffet sometime, we always seem to end up eating at Lumberjacks Restaurant in Redding when in that area.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good to see you back online - thought you may have gotten lost in the Redwoods or maybe even Russ was hiding under the buffet table waiting for the lunch buffet to start!

    We've never tried the Rolling Hills Breakfast Buffet, only the dinner one - which is terrific. We'll try breakfast next time.

    Glad to see you met up with more blogging buddies.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love those blogging friends. I always miss them so much when we don't have good internet and I can't keep up with the blogs. Glad to hear from you again.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so jealous! I want to meet some of y'all in my Bloggyland! Someday I hope...K

    ReplyDelete
  11. I second your thoughts about the great community we have here in blogland. :) I definitely miss hearing people's accounts of their days on the rare occasions when I don't get a chance to do my daily blog reading.

    ReplyDelete
  12. more bloggin' buddies to add to your list!..we, too do the same thing..Doug's line is 'what's new in blogville?'..and the conversation begins!!.enjoy your time away from home!!..we are riding along in the back..trying really hard to 'behave'!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The blogging community is an amazing thing. Meeting new friends, always lots of helpful information on things to see or do, campground reviews and list goes on. Also know what you mean about not having time or internet to keep up with the blogs. We have the same problem. Enjoy your travels and hope you continue to meet up with more great bloggers.

    Kevin and Ruth
    www.travelwithkevinandruth.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. So much fun, Donna! Great friends, great times, beautiful town to explore. We are looking forward to driving south on the coast highway in January when we head for the desert. Glad to hear from you and know you are having fun out there in Therapy. Have to laugh, when I am not working too much and have time to read, Mo and I usually have a blogland conversation every night when we hit the hot tub under the stars. She doesn't read so it is my job to keep her up to date, right??

    ReplyDelete
  15. We were going to meet up with Terry & Kate while we are vacationing in the area in between the Pumpkin and Christmas lots, but have not made it in that direction yet!

    Thanks for the information about Rolling Hills, it is on our list of casinos to visit while we are vacationing. We are currently at Red Hawk Casino, they do not have a RV Park but there is a KOA an exit away where they shuttle us to the casino for free.

    Loads of great slots, lunch for a great price and many jackpots kept us there until the wee hours of the morning and we left way ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Donna your burger shot was adorable!! Cheers! ~M

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for the mention - I always love your comments and Russ's, too. Feels like we've been friends for a long time.

    Love those buffets, and at half price, you can't go wrong!

    ReplyDelete