October 2014

October 2014
Day Trip to Oakridge Oct 2014

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Thank you all and I'm sorry.

First of all, a BIG thank you to all who commented on my post last night.  It's nice to have the support of others who understand this journey - and I don't mean the one on the road.  Your comments and encouragement mean a lot to me (us).

And I want to say I'm sorry for serving up such a big whine.  Next time I could at least serve some cheese with that whine.  I am feeling better this morning except for that nasty croupy cough.  My attitude has improved, in no small part due to your comments.

My family will always be important to me, and like I said they are not demanding.  I think it is I who place all these unrealistic expectations on myself and then feel bad when I fall short.  I want to be the grandma who never tires, who is always ready for adventure, the one who can cook like Betty Crocker, tend kids like Mother Goose, and still have the energy of Richard Simmons!!! 

Unfortunately, I am slowing down and I need to realize my own limitations.  In my head I am still 30 years old with limitless energy and years of life stretching before me.  The reality is somewhat different.  Al is right.  It is very much about priorities and finding that balance is an ongoing task. 

Red, am I too old to have a mid-life crisis??

4 comments:

  1. I don't think you were whining, Donna. I think you were being realistic and writing about issues that all of us face, if not now, then we will in the future, or have done so in the past. I'm glad that you were able to share your concerns with all of us. Prayers for a quick recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone's situation, and values, is different. For some folks, abandoning one's dream of travel is the right choice even when it's made strictly for family reasons. For others, who have no particular family ties, the decision is much easier.

    In facing those choices, we took a middle of the road decision that has proven to work for us. We travel where and when we want to, anytime, but have chosen to keep our home and property as our base of life.

    In the end, you'll make the decision that's right for you and your values in life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HaHa, I'm 30 in my head too and it gets me into a lot of trouble sometimes. I'm 76 and I'm proud of every minute of it!!! I have to be reminded I'm not 30,,,,,but I still like to think it! Heck, I still look 30,,,,for sure! :-)
    Hope things pick up for you....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read thru all the comments from yesterday. I have nothing new to add, except I'm glad you are feeling better in spirit.

    ReplyDelete