October 2014

October 2014
Day Trip to Oakridge Oct 2014

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Some Storage Ideas

This will probably be of more interest to Class C owners and specifically to Lazy Daze owners, but for what it’s worth, here’s what I have been working on today.  I gave you the five-cent tour a while back, but I missed a couple of things and added some other ideas.

We have the DVD player installed now.  The cabinet that it sets in has a lip that prevents things from sliding out.  Unfortunately, with today’s slim line P1020095technology, it also prevented the DVD tray from opening.  So we took a couple of pieces of Styrofoam that we have saved from some box or other, and put that Styrofoam under the player.  It lifted it up just enough for the door to clear and added hardly any weight and best of all – it was FREE!  It is very stable and does not slide around.  Our two wallets of DVDs have been added to the other side of that cupboard, and we still have room for CDs, games, cards, etc..P1020096










The TV tilts up and behind it I have stored extra blankets and towels.  All towels and blankets are rolled and secured with rubber bands.  That way I can take one out with out the entire pile getting messed up.  They are neat and tidy and I can see exactly what I have.  And if a blanket falls on our heads, no big deal.  I love rubber bands and clothes pins to keep things closed and neat.
P1020097



P1020089Kate was disappointed that I did not show the pantry last time so here it is.  This is the outside of the shower door.  You can see the latch to the shower door on the right, and on the left there is another latch that opens the mirrored part of the door to reveal the pantry with 6 adjustable shelves.  It is amazing what you can get in here.



P1020090








I thought at first that that arrangement would sure cut in to the shower space but here is what those clever people at Lazy Daze have done.  When you take a shower, that door latchesP1020091 in the open position making one big shower room.  You just step into the shower and pull the curtain just like you would do at home.  And when you are not showering, the pantry backs into the shower, utilizing what would otherwise be empty space.    Kate also gave us the idea for the shoe rack on the back of the shower door, further utilizing what would otherwise be wasted space.  Gotta love it.







I found the perfect plastic bin to go in the storage area under the sofa.  It P1020087just fits and still leaves room for water bottles and a small cooler.  I will probably fill this with canned good or other misc. items.  The lid is UNDER the storage bin to allow the bin to slide out easily without getting hung up on the lip of the storage door.  The only thing in this bin right now is an empty garbage bag!


I had another storage area that needed to be divided but I could not find the right sized bins.  Then, methinks, why do I need plastic bins when I have plenty of used cardboard boxes I can repurpose (waste not, want not!).  P1020092And so I found two boxes that fit just perfectly.  One holds all the bake ware I currently have for the rig (I’m sure I’ll be adding to that collection) and the other box will hold food stuffs or paper goods or ???  Couldn’t fit better if they were custom made for the area.  And yes, I did buy the girls scout cookies!  I have granddaughters you know LOL.




P1020088
Under the stove is where all the doggie stuff will go.  I have some lids in that bin right now but I will move them.  I will have plenty of room for dry and canned food, treats, leashes, and their first aid kit.  The pooches had a vet visit this week to make sure they were all up to date on shots and got certificates showing all their vaccinations.  Tomorrow they go see the groomer so they will be all ready to go.


P1020093
One last area:  Lazy Daze has limited storage in the bathroom but I think we got ‘er covered. Large towels are stored elsewhere but there is plenty of room for hand towels and extra wash clothes as well as some other essentials.  The medicine cabinets hold toothbrushes, pills, and all that kind of stuff, so everything has its place.  It all seems to be coming together.




We took another ride in Therapy today.  I sat in the back and checked for rattles while Russ drove.  It was remarkably quiet.  While Rusty white knuckled it in my seat up front, Poppy enjoyed having some company in the back.  Does she look happy or what?
P1020086
My hubby is SO SMART.  He knew if he got me in that motor home I would be back to my old self.  I think I’ll keep him!

9 comments:

  1. Looks like you are pretty well organized, Donna. Nothing like a ride in your motorhome to perk you right up. Me, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad you are feeling better today!..a ride in the motorhome is good for 'what ails you'!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. like that rubber band around the towels idea!!!, mine always fall out when i take one down, am continually, refolded and re-stowing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great storage areas -- wish our TV flipped up...wonder if my husb could make that happen in the bedroom---hmmm. May be a job for him! Poppy looks like she's actually smiling:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So simple a process. Rubber bands. Something to remember when my time to pack a rig does come.

    Glad you feel better today!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are making excellent use of the storage areas in Therapy. Good ideas all, and some we could adapt I'm sure, if we hadn't already used our own storage ideas first (after a few weeks on the road 8 years ago, we began to learn quickly!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great ideas on storage - the shower door/pantry idea from LazyDays is interesting. I haven't seen one of those before!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Donna,

    Did Russ do all the work like I suggested??

    The rigs looking great, especially that pantry!

    Kate
    http://cholulared.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for all the photos - I'm going to incorporate some of your ideas when I start stocking my motor home. :)

    ReplyDelete