To one motorhome add two dogs, two grandparents,
two young grandchildren, and a whole BUNCH of Barbies, stir in three parts rain and one part sunshine, start engine and mix all together thoroughly. Recipe makes 5 happy campers
and one anxious pooch.
Our route was the McKenzie Hwy. east from Springfield. This is a beautiful drive, but it’s especially nice when you can view the scenery without looking through a rain spattered windshield. Today was NOT one of those days, but we enjoyed it all the same. In many places along this hwy. you are following the McKenzie River. This river is popular for fishing and rafting when the weather is decent. It is a cold and dangerous river but a good many fish are pulled from its waters and the rafters usually survive!
This hwy in a major east/west route from Eugene to Bend and in the summer is usually crowded. Today we saw very few cars and had a nice easy drive.
Our ultimate destination was Takoda’s, a restaurant about 45 miles from Eugene. It is a popular stop for folks traveling to and from Bend.
Today is was fairly deserted but that was okay with us.
We had enough sun while we were there to walk the dogs without getting wet.
The girls were walking the dogs in the area behind the store and restaurant and I saw this sign I had not noticed before. Not sure who the Bozo is that someone is referring to. Certainly not MY girls!!
Once inside we settled in to peruse the menus. I love the airy open feel to this dining room and today we had it almost all to ourselves. In the summer there is a lot of outdoor seating but of course it wasn’t open today.
While we were waiting for our food I took the girls out onto the patio for a photo op.
Anna is trying to get the “rabbit ears” away from her head but she didn’t quite make it. Why do kids do this? I guess I shouldn’t ask because my sisters and I STILL do it whenever we get the chance!
Anna is pointing out the goldfish
to Bekah.
And Bekah is just being Bekah!
It didn’t take long for our food to arrive and boy was it GOOD!
Anna had the quintessential favorite of kids everywhere and a strawberry lemonade…
…while Bekah opted for the “other” favorite, pepperoni pizza.
Sounds like a great trip with wonderful company -- even if it was raining!
ReplyDeleteIs Takoda's that place up at Finn Rock? Looks like Bekah is having a great time. Tell her I miss her!
ReplyDeletegreat day with the 'five happy campers'!!..thanks for sharing, Donna!!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great day with your granddaughters! All of those meals looked really good!
ReplyDeleteWe were up in Oregon to years ago and I loved it. It is such a beautiful state.
ReplyDelete@redphotog...This is about 10 miles past Finn Rock. That place is closed and for sale now.
ReplyDeleteLooks like a fun day! Glad you didn't let the rain keep you at home. What do the girls think about the new motorhome?
ReplyDeleteSounds like you are having some fun mini-adventures in your new rig. Looks like you had a great time with the grandkids too. We might get to meet yet as it looks like Oregon might be in our future a bit longer than expected. Who knows?
ReplyDeleteCan I just say that you two are adorable!! I finally got a signal to use internet & saw that you made the tour video. CRACKED ME UP when old Fuss...I mean Russ, told you to stay out of his drawers :) After seeing that, I feel like I know you! Someday we have to meet :) But, not until you have food in your fridge, so you can feed me!! LOL! Loved the shout out, btw!
ReplyDeleteI liked that idea of having the dining room all to yourselves & the food looked great.
ReplyDeleteGrand kids are so much fun...
ReplyDeleteThat BLT sounds really good ... should have waited to read your post after getting a bite to eat. Now, I want a BLT and there's no bacon in the house!!!
ReplyDelete