October 2014

October 2014
Day Trip to Oakridge Oct 2014

Sunday, March 20, 2011

No Fish Were Harmed…

 

…in the making of this dinner.  However, I can’t say the same for some poor steer!

P1010955
From the time Bekah was tiny, she would ask me for “brown meat with ketchup" when she came to visit.  That was her way of asking for tacos.  She didn’t eat the tortilla back them, just meat and cheese and ketchup and she loved it.  Now, of course, she eats the P1010958whole thing. 
 
 
 
So I always make tacos at least once when the girls are here and tonight was the night.




 
  
I make ‘em just like my mama did – no fish tacos here!!  Good ole ground beef, cheddar cheese, green onions, tomatoes, and lettuce.  And none of those hard Taco Bell shells either.  P1010960Real corn tortillas, fried in oil and drained on paper towels…just a little crisp around the edges.  If I’m really going all out, I’ll go to the Mexican store and get REAL hand made tortillas.  And of course we have to have refried beans and Mexican rice.  I kinda got carried away with the lettuce on this one, but it’s all good!
Earlier in the day the girls decided to make jewelry.  Bekah made one bracelet and Anna made two.
P1110632I think they did fine work and they had fun doing it.  I have an entire room filled with crafty stuff for the grandkids to do when they come over.  They have almost outgrown that stage so I make the most of it while I still can.  From the time they could scribble P1010961aon a piece of paper, we have made crafts.  Last year I taught one of the other granddaughters to crochet and she has made some really nice items already.  I hope I have instilled at least a small love of crafting in my granddaughters.  That is one legacy I would love to leave them.  It doesn’t have to be fancy to be fun.
That’s all for now.  Grammy is tired and going to turn in early I think!

8 comments:

  1. great day with your 'girls'!..thanks for sharing and thanks for 'dinner'!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your "grandma" posts remind me so much of Margie writing about her time with their granddaughters. Did you ever have a chance to follow her blog?http://bruceandmargiesfulltimejourney.blogspot.com/

    Make the most of your time with your precious granddaughters!

    Mak

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your tortillas sound great - no fish! Fish tortillas just don't sound right to me, I like 'em like you made 'em!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to see my girl is having fun, I miss her more every day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ain't a durn thing wrong with fish tacos, but you are right -- they're not the same as "real" tacos. Monday night during the season is Taco Night at our park. They're OK, but my Suzy makes 'em better!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always loved doing crafts with my Grand daughter, daughter and daughter in law. Lots of great memories.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fish tacos are really good - in San Diego you see them a lot. But your dinner looks delicious, yum!
    The bracelets are very pretty. I have a craft room that my granddaughter likes, too. I hope I can bring a bunch of the stuff with me in my yet-to-be-purchased RV. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I’ve been into blogging for quite some time and this is definitely a great post.Cheers!

    online pharmacy

    ReplyDelete