October 2014

October 2014
Day Trip to Oakridge Oct 2014

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Gorgeous Scenery

We woke up this morning to the beautiful sound of rain tinkling on our roof and a view of gorgeous droplets of water cascading down our windows.  In the stillness of the morning air we could hear the musical drip, drip, drip as the rain rolled off the roof and into the gutters and downspouts.  The crystal clear water ran in silent streams across the yard and into the streets and greeted us with welcoming dribbles as we walked outside.

You with your warm weather and blue skies and fiery sunsets, don’t know what you are missing.  Just look at these views and tell me which you prefer.

P1010880
We went to the store and it was raining.




P1010882
We came out of the store and it was raining.




P1010885
It rained on Dutch Brothers…




…and it rained on Papa Murphy’sP1010886





P1010890

It rained on the neighbors….






…and it rained on us…P1010898






It even rained on Grumpy Russ!!!P1010883

But we did find some goodies in the store.  Our son John has his first trucking assignment and so we thought he should take these items with him so he doesn’t get hungry:

Oh yum, John, can’t you just taste it…and the smell of old gym socks…mmmmm…

P1010877

Well, if you don’t like that, how about some CHEESE???  Yes, it IS cheese, see it says right there on the package!

P1010879
Well, gee, there’s just no pleasing some people.  Guess you’ll just have to go to one of those old truck stops and drink some “Billy” coffee and eat a burger!  Stay safe, John.

For us, we got something to combat the rain…we gotta get our sunshine somewhere!

P1010878

Yesterday we had a bit of fun.  Took Therapy and the fur faced kids and went to visit Russ’s sister, Alice and her husband Elmer in Grand Ronde, Oregon.  That’s about a 2 hour drive (longer when you have to stop for the kids) so it was a good workout for all of us.  We met Alice and Elmer at the Spirit Mountain Casino and had lunch at the buffet.  I love this buffet…it never seems crowded and they have a very good selection to choose from. 
P1010873

P1010874

P1010875






Russ was not going to have dessert, but after looking at the sugar free items for some time, he magically lost 20 lbs. so he had dessert after all.


P1010876


Before




 

 

 

AfterP1010876a…that’s what you call the Photoshop diet.  Works well! 

(Don’t look too close, I didn’t take a lot of time with this!)


 

 

 

And finally, a photo of the two people we went to see, Alice and Elmer…

P1010868
Like all of us, they have had their heartaches and trials, but through it all they always have a smile on their faces and are such fun to be with.  We couldn’t love them more if they were family…oh wait, they are family!!!  Alice is having some surgery on her back on Thursday so prayers would be appreciated.
Good night all and I really haven’t gone around the bend…just going a little stir crazy with all the rain.

13 comments:

  1. Row, row, row your boat,
    swiftly down the street,
    merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily,
    life is such a treat!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute, Russ, but I think there is more water in the ditch....

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are so funny,Donna!...love your outlook even on a rainy day!!!..have a good one..I say eat dessert!..life is short!!!..our thoughts are with Alice..we wish her good luck with the surgery!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've read your post, looked at your photos, and here's my decision:

    "I much prefer warm weather and blue skies and fiery sunsets".

    Sorry!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm getting a bit tired of all this rain. We'll be in Olympia for two more nights and this park is MUDDY!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad you were thinking of me with the spam and kraft singles ( I refuse to call it cheese). I would love to take it with me, I'm sure I could find a place to stop and do some fishing along the way and that stuff is some high quality bait!

    ReplyDelete
  7. No wonder you needed Therapy!"

    ReplyDelete
  8. Even if the weather's crappy, I love the photos!

    Kate
    http://cholulared.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know I am among the minority, but I like pictures in the rain. Good luck to your SIL, and she will be in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Too funny! Been reading all those desert blogs lately, and it was nice to see someone else right here in Oregon weather for a change! Even a Dutch Brothers! Home has it's benefits, although I am still excited about heading south to hot sun and sunsets at the end of this week. Change is what RVing is about, the opportunity for changing your weather and your view on a whim! Love reading your son's blog, by the way. take care

    ReplyDelete
  11. Had our rain; supposed to have sunshine today. I'll take it even though I am working. At least I'll see the blue skies beckoning outside the window.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So, I am not sure? Did you enjoy the weather? :)

    ReplyDelete