We also got to meet Tucker and what a beautiful dog he is. Very well mannered and sweet as can be. Here are Sue and Doug and Tucker preparing to hit the road for their journey to the Oregon Coast. Hope they don’t encounter any more problems like they ran in to on I-5 this morning, but I’ll let Sue tell you all about that.
Sue and Doug also got to say hello to Poppy. Rusty decided to stay home and no amount of coaxing could convince him to get into the car this morning. He wanted to stay home and so we let him.
As you can see from the photo, we actually had SHADOWS today…and you know what that means…SUNSHINE! It turned out to be a beautiful day in Eugene, the kind we have been waiting for all spring. Looks like summer may have arrived.
We spent some time on the deck, just enjoying the warm and sunny weather.
The sun was shining so brightly that I could not get the proper shutter exposure on Russ without overexposing the rest of the shot WAAAY beyond the bounds of being corrected. That’s okay – it was the photo of Russ that I wanted.
We went to the bookstore this afternoon about 3:00p, and that may not have been a real good choice. Seems like everyone was getting a head start on the weekend and the traffic was backed-up both in front…
…and behind.
We do have our “rush minutes” in Eugene but they usually occur from about 5:00p to 5:30p. Didn’t take us long to get through but some folks were getting a little impatient. I prefer to stay home on holidays and do my traveling when traffic is lighter.
To all my Canadian friends: Happy Canada Day. Have a fun filled and joyous weekend.
To all my USA friends: Have a safe and sane 4th and travel safe if you are on the roads this weekend.
it was great to meet you today too!!..and thanks again for all your generosity!!!
ReplyDeleteIf, no when we buy our RV I don't plan on traveling on Holiday weekends. That might be the advantage of being part time!
ReplyDeleteDoug and Sue seem like very nice people. I've been following their blog for awhile too.
I am so glad that you were able to meet Sue and Doug. It turns out that we will be able to see them on their way home! We had a ton of traffic in Kalispell this afternoon--everyone preparing for the holiday weekend, I guess. I like to camp on holidays--makes me feel like part of the crowd!
ReplyDeleteWe usually try to stay put on holiday week-ends. Too many people. Isn't it just so fun to meet people after following their blog and getting to know them. One of my favorite things.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the Canada Day wishes!
ReplyDeleteGreat that you got to meet Doug and Sue too.
Great that you got to meet Sue and Doug.
ReplyDeleteWe are staying put for the big holiday!
People flock to Bayfield on summer week-ends & especially long week-ends so we have learned to stay home & keep a low profile. Nice that you got to meet Sue, Doug & Tucker..........
ReplyDeleteWere hoping to meet up with Sue & Doug someday and also the Tuckster, Rigg's has never met another dog he didn't like so I am sure they will be best friends soon, one smell should do it.Looks like you guys all had a great time.. Be safe out there. Sam & Donna.
ReplyDeleteGlad you got to meet some fellow bloggers - I'll bet a good time was had by all!
ReplyDelete