If you guessed the Black Bear Diner you are really smart. If you guessed the Black Bear Diner in Yreka, CA I can only assume you are stalking us – SHOW YOURSELF!!
We started out this morning with …anyone, anyone – you there, in the back with your hand up – yup you got it – RAIN RAIN RAIN. Isn’t that all we get in the Pacific Northwest this year?
It rained from Oregon to California and then it kept raining as we continued south. And guess what, as I sit here typing this, it is STILL RAINING!! But I am sure tomorrow will be a better day. Reno promises nothing but sunshine and blue skies…of course Reno is always trying to sell you blue sky so that’s nothing new.
We got tired about Yreka so decided this was our stop for the night. There is a new hotel, the Holiday Inn Express, and right next door sits the Yreka RV Park…perfect. Brian and Laila got settled in the hotel and we got parked and set-up in the RV park. We paid just over $32. with the Escapees membership. That is a 25% discount so I felt really good about that. The park is gravel roads and pads with a small parcel of grass and a tree and table at each site. This will be really nice in a few years when the trees mature. The sites all have 20/30/50 amp hook-ups with cable TV and free Wi-Fi. The Wi-Fi is not the fastest but it’s working anyway! This is a great place for an overnight stop, right off the freeway (yea, there is some freeway noise, but not bad). I would stay here again.
Despite the weather we are still having fun. It’s hard not to when you have your own personal Laurel and Hardy along for entertainment. We had a good meal and some good laughs at the Black Bear Diner for dinner.
On our way back to the park and hotel, we made one last stop at the local Ray’s Market. As we were checking out the manager made the mistake of asking Brian what the “O” on his jacket stood for (Brian and Laila both were wearing their U of O jackets). When the manager just didn’t understand their hints it was inevitable that we all broke into a rowdy chorus of the Oregon fight song. I mean, what could we do, he asked! He assured us it was the most fun he had had all day and gave us a nice “Go Ducks” as we left. I am still not sure if that was an affirmation or a request to leave. Oh well, we had fun.
Night all.
We've stayed at the Yreka RV Park. We were glad when it opened because it's a convenient place to stay. Sounds like you are having a great time. At least you didn't report having to deal with snow on the Siskiyou pass!
ReplyDeleterain and more rain..actually there was a flaming orb in the sky here today..it was short lived but it was there..I saw it!!..
ReplyDeletewhatcha gonna do in Reno?..Doug said ask if you are gonna get 'married again?..
by the way..the 'duck' is still intact
!..Tucker brings it to us when we arrive home!..so cute..maybe one day we can buy him some other soft toys..!I can hope that his 'savage ways' are done!
Sounds like you're having a great time despite the rain. I'm sure your story about the 'fight song' will be told by that store manager for some time to come!
ReplyDeleteYou are to be commended for your continuing upbeat attitude in the face of such a a relentless & wet adversary. A few rainy days here & there are great, but so many in a row for so long is, well.......THE PITS!!
ReplyDeleteToo funny, glad you are having a good time.
ReplyDeleteI'm beginning to wonder if some rain might be better than this heat. But I don't think so. Here's hoping you do see that bright thing up in the sky today. Great story about the grocery store.
ReplyDeleteWe have eaten at that Big Bear Diner, and many others as well. Usually we try to avoid chain restaurants (for example, we will probably never again see the inside of a Cracker Barrel, and seldom a Denny's), but Big Bear we enjoy. We've also shopped at Ray's Market in Yreka, but we didn't have to sing for our groceries.
ReplyDeleteGlad you all are having fun -- that's what it's all about! We would welsome some rain in SUNNY & HOT Branson, MO!
ReplyDeleteSounds like you are having a blast! Come to California - from San Diego to Vacaville I've had nothing but sunshine and breezes. I'm a little afraid of enduring a bad storm, but am looking forward to being cozy in The Palms with some rain. :)
ReplyDeleteI'm in Central Coast California and its beautiful the last few days! Happy camping! Levonne, A Camp Host's Meanderings: An RV Adventure
ReplyDeleteSounds like you're really having fun and enjoying every minute despite the rain. We had 2 days of rain here but the SUN had returned!!!
ReplyDeleteHave fun & Travel safe
Donna
That is exactly where I thought you were!!! I am so psychotic!
ReplyDelete