Don't know what the problem is...I wrote my blog in Live Writer like I always do. I try to publish and I get an error that says: Can't publish files, The remote server returned an error: (403) Forbidden. Anyone else ever see this error? Too late tonight to try and figure it out but I didn't do anything different that I can think of. I'll try again tomorrow.
well, phooey, Donna. I haven't ever had a problem with Live Writer unless I was on an extremely slow connection. Good luck.
ReplyDeleteSorry, I can't help you, Donna.
ReplyDeleteDave says it's a problem with the server, and there's nothing you can do except try again later. Sorry!
ReplyDeleteIt could be a server error. Or, it could also be that you have reached your storage limit on the Picasa Web Albums site.
ReplyDeleteI don't know what your storage limit is but Google gives everyone 1GB to start for free then charges $5 a year for 20GB.
To check and see if you have any room left, just sign in to Picasa Web Albums, scroll down to the bottom and check.
Sometimes if you use a special character in your title, catagory, or date, like a dash (-) it'll reject it. I've had that problem before.
ReplyDeleteI've had that situation, and it seems to be a problem with blogger. That's not to say I know how to "fix" it, since there was no help on line. All I did was open blogger on line, copy and paste the entry into the pane, and then publish from blogger. I saved the entry as a draught on live writer first though.
ReplyDeleteGood luck.
I have had & still occasionally do have a problem with that Error 400 message. One of the problems I found is what John Huber said. I also use our older desktop XP to do our blog & every once & awhile I get that message & have found it seems to be our computer being over worked & not having enough power to multitask anymore. I have music playing & maybe Picasa opened plus a couple other things all going on & when I try to publish the blog I can get an error message. When I close everything on my desktop including the music & then hit the 'Publish' button again it always publishes with no problem. Sometimes while traveling if we are in an area with a very weak internet signal the same thing can happen. I just sometimes reconnect & keep hitting the publish button until the whole blog is published. I have had blogs on the road that have taken several hours to publish!! Yes, very frustrating sometimes.
ReplyDeletei too occasionally have the error but it is not on your end it is truly a blogger error... only thing to do is try and post later in the day when you get the error.
ReplyDeleteThe one time I had that problem it turned out to be the Picassa thing that Rick talked about.
ReplyDeleteI would say what Rick said about your Picasa storage...I had the same problem..spent the minimal charge and all was right with 'blogging' once again!..good luck!
ReplyDeleteSorry, this is one problem I haven't experienced yet. Good luck on solving this.
ReplyDelete