October 2014

October 2014
Day Trip to Oakridge Oct 2014

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Disney Dreams Don't Die

I admit it, I am a big fan of everything Disney.  I grew up in So. Cal and can remember the excitement when Disneyland first opened.  It was quite a bit different from what it is now but to a young school girl, the magic was bigger than life.

disney casey jr1978007

Growing up and even as an adult, I loved every Disney program that came out on television, from Mickey Mouse Club to Wonderful World of Disney.  Annette was my idol and Frankie – WOW – he was hot!

disney 1978005

I have never completely outgrown my love of Disney, so I was so pleased to see Kate’s (Cholula Red) blog today.  Kate recently visited the Walt Disney Family Museum in San Francisco.  She writes a very descriptive post about her visit to the museum and to San Francisco.  I love that she included a link to a You Tube video of a Disney classic:  Wally Boag and Betty Taylor in Disneyland's Golden Horseshoe Revue.  If you want some good entertainment, hop on over to Kate’s blog and be sure and view that video before you leave.

disneyjoel russ1978008

disneyruss boys 1978012
disneyland may 78002-01


Disneyland with the
Krecklows, circa 1978










Don’t you just love all the plaid pants?  Remember this was 1978!!

disney russ 1978014


As for me…I did nothing today except shop and cook and do laundry (boring!).  I spent some time reading some great blogs and I hope ya’ll do the same.  Have you visited Jerry’s new photo blog?  He has some great photos there.  John is still trying to rescue his airplane from the Plane-eating Tree.  So far it is Tree 3, John 0.  And Al has a soap opera going on tonight!

So there you have it…my day was boring but it seems lots of other folks had some good fun going on.  See ya later.

12 comments:

  1. I had pants just like those, I am pretty sure I burned them:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed Kate's blog too! Especially the photography, as usual...

    Do you remember the movie "preshow" about the desert that I think was made by Disney? I think it was about how the desert comes alive at night with timelapse photography of critters and flowers. I'd sure like to see it again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never did make it to Disneyland in California but did make it to Disneyworld in June of 77. Loved it there, especially the Electric Light Parade at night & all the fireworks. Space Mountain & 'It's a Small World' ride etc. Always watched the Wonderful World of Disney shows on TV for years & years. I think we were all so fortunate to have those kinds of shows to grow up with. I remember those 70's clothes oh so well....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Got to go to Disneyland once many many many years ago. Space Mountain was my favorite. It's that speed thing again for me. But I agree with you - Frankie was way "hot".

    ReplyDelete
  5. we have been to Disneyland twice..loved it both times!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have never had the pleasure of visiting Disneyland or Disney World -- maybe some day! I agree Frankie was hot!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We've been to both Disneyland and Disneyworld and had a great time at each.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Being from Central Florida Walt Disney World was our home away from home when my girls were little... we stayed at Fort Wilderness at least 4 times a year! Went to Disnyland once and had a great time there too! Loved them both!
    Have fun & Travel safe
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had a crush on Spin, of Spin and Marty fame. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well I (Jerry) don't know if Frankie was hot or not. We've been to Disneyland many times with our little ones, and Epcot Center once by ourselves. And yes, I had plaid pants. Hate to admit it, but I had a pair of orange polyester pants which I wore with a plaid sportscoat. I even went out of the house dressed like that! Thanks for the link to our new photo blog.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Our first Disney experience was Disneyland in 1985 - I remember being quite wowed by it. Have since been to its Florida big cousins several time. Epcot has always been my favorite of all ... perhaps because of its travel theme.

    ReplyDelete
  12. HaHa, they wern't invented when I was young..... There wasn't even any TV. I did go in Florida once when I was abour 45, to much standing in line for me...
    My grand kids really eat it up tho!!!

    ReplyDelete