We are spending this holiday quietly at home. The dogs kept us up for quite a while again last night so we are on the tired side. I think I may have to increase the dosage of tranquilizer. I am very conservative with what I give Rusty and Poppy – don’t want to over medicate. But with all the trembling and shaking they do, that can’t be good for them either. This is the last night of the rodeo, so things should quiet down after that. They have been putting on a big fireworks display every night since Friday and we are close enough to see them from our backyard. And of course, we can HEAR them from anywhere in the house even with all the doors and windows closed and all the fans running.
Just so you don’t think we were always grumpy about fireworks, here is a short clip of a video made WAY back in 1975. I’m sure all my children will be just delighted that I posted this!! That young guy on the chaise lounge lighting the sparklers is Russ and the skinny little lady in the blue tank top and white pants is indeed yours truly! Of course some of you will recognize Red. The other kids are Merry, Josh, and our youngest, Joel. Hard to believe how we have all changed. These were the days before sound movies – all you got was a moving picture. My how things have changed.
Our oldest grandson will be coming to visit tomorrow and we will take some day trips while he is here. Hopefully I will have some actual travel stuff to blog about this week.
Wising you all a wonderful evening and hope you didn’t eat too much bar-b-que!
Great home movies. We didn't worry about it back them, but, I bet you wouldn't let your grandson get that close to the fireworks.
ReplyDeleteNice to hear you're just enjoying a quiet time at home for the holiday.
ReplyDeleteToo bad about the fireworks causing the dogs so much anxiety.
Happy Independence Day, Donna and Russ, and Poppy and Rusty, too!
ReplyDeleteMy dogs were always upset by fire works too. But if they were in they couldn't hear them.
ReplyDeleteHopefully it will all be over tonight. Thankfully we are far enough away from most of the fireworks except for what people are shooting off illegally in their yards. We, too, relaxed at home today.
ReplyDeletegreat home movie Donna!!!thanks for sharing..hope you and Russ are having a very happy July 4th!..sorry to hear that the poochies are not having as much fun!!
ReplyDeleteHope you had a great day. I think most dogs dislike fireworks, certainly Halley hates them.
ReplyDeleteOOPS! Should have read this yesterday. I did eat too much. And also leftovers today.
ReplyDeletePhyllis
Sure looks like you all had a great 4th of July!! :-)
ReplyDelete