I have also been enjoying John’s photos at Connected to the Vine. And as always, Judy’s bird photos are not to be missed. There are so many great photographers out there that I could spend a whole blog just naming them…but I do have to mention just
I, on the other hand, aspire to dreams of Great Moments of Photographic Genius, but alas, so far have failed to reach my aspirations. I’ve gotten a pretty good bug picture now and again but that’s about the limit of my photographic prowess.
So I am inspired by Al’s comments to quit fooling around and start paying attention to what I see everyday. In the meantime, just for fun, I’m going to share a bit of what I call Fauxtography. You see, I just can’t seem to get it right the first time. My computer and I have a “don’t ask, don’t tell” relationship with regard to my photos. I like the editing part and if no one knows any better, I’m certainly not going to tell them (until now)!!
It’s gotten to the place where Russ, who does have a good but sometimes lazy eye, doesn’t worry about telephone poles, power lines, etc. in his photos. “You can just take them out,” he says to me!! Now I know a real artist takes a good picture the first time, and I swear I am going to learn to do that, but in the meantime, just for giggles, let’s see what a little digital enhancement can do.
These are just for fun and certainly not done with a professional’s attention to detail but they work for family archives. Russ and I travel with just the two of us most of the time and that leaves us with a dilemma when it comes to photos. With no one there to take a snapshot of the two of us, how are we going to both get in the picture? This is how. Can you tell which one was in the original photo and which one was added (of COURSE you can if you look closely enough LOL).
No, Poppy did not travel with us to Point Roberts where this photo was taken.
And we were the only ones at this look out point when we visited the Grand Canyon. My hand was originally resting on the upper rail like Russ’s but I couldn’t get the two photos to line up so I had to improvise.
The two of us (one at a time) at the Sinagua Ruins in AZ.
And on board the ship during our 2006 Alaska cruise.
It was a bit chilly in Glacier Bay but we kept each other warm.
And we enjoyed the totem poles at the visitors center in Sitka.
You were introduced to my BIL Brian a few blogs ago. He’s the one with the hare-brained idea of the Handicapped Parking Plank – come on, admit it, it was funny! He makes a great foil for my sense of humor so I have to pick on him a bit. Brian has always wanted to climb a mountain but at his age the best he can do is leap from a riverside path and hope he can grab the rock on the other side of the water.
Take a gander at that look of terror on his face.
Brian also has a degree in archeology and he loves to go on “digs”. This is one of his finest.
And last but not least, they say that when you have been married for a LOOONG time, you start to look like your spouse. Well, Russ and I recently celebrated our 38th anniversary and I am afraid that dire prediction has come true.
LORD, HELP ME!
Good work girl. I'm lucky if I get a picture posted to the blog let alone do anything with it. Photography and computers are definitely not "my thing".
ReplyDeletelordy lordy..those are great photos..you are the most 'creative fauxtograher I have ever seen!..
ReplyDeletethanks for the nice comment by the way..some of mine are comparable but Al has the real 'eye for photography!
lol ~ that's too funny!!! And that editing talent is not to be scoffed really! Many great photo's of the grand twins have been ruined by that dastardly evil red eye from their real life beautiful blue eyes... and it takes a special hand talent to truly get rid of it!!! I've just deleted too many of them! Don't have the patience that you really have!!!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the mention. I'm flattered. I think all of us, including Al, continue to work on our skills. :)
ReplyDeleteI think I need to get up to speed on my photo editing. That last picture you doctored is hilarious!
ReplyDeleteI like them and he does look terrified!
ReplyDeleteDonna this was so great. Especially the last photo. I have to try to comment from the iPhone which is incredibly tricky! I read every word of ALS post too and loved it. I have no Internet onthe computer but five bars here at the base. I laughed so hard at that last photo. Thanks for making my day!!!
ReplyDeleteGreat photo editing, lots of fun!
ReplyDeleteGreat job, Donna. Most of all photography is supposed to be fun for us all and not a lot of work. I think you're photos tonight are a good reminder to all of us to just have fun out there and click away. Take a hundred digital photos and keep 2 or 3 good ones, then delete the rest! That's what great photographers do!
ReplyDeleteLike everybody, my very favorite is the last one. I think your photos are great, I always look forward to them. And thank you so much for turning me on to some new blogs!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the mention Donna:)) You sure have it way over me in Fauxing those photos. I wouldn't have a clue how to do all that & it's not something Picasa is capable of so you must have yourself a good photo editing program. Regarding a previous comment, I sure don't see taking a hundred photos of something then throwing 97 them away as a fun thing to do or the mark of a good photographer. But, what do I know eh. Keep up the good work Donna, your doing great:))
ReplyDeleteDonna - thanks so much for my first smile of the morning!
ReplyDeleteLove your sense of humor - both in your writing AND your photos!
ReplyDeleteYou guys are a kick! Picasa can do some neat things, and linked with Picnik is does even better. No problem at all to get rid of red-eye. However, you've gone way beyond that with your editing! Great job. I used to do all my editing in Photoshop Elements, and I have moved some people in and out of pictures, so I understand what you have done ... and you did it seamlessly! Someday I'll show a couple of things I have "fauxed."
ReplyDeleteHilarious ... and you're awfully good at this fauxtography thing ... gonna have to put future photos of the two of you under the miscroscope to see if it is pho- or faux.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the shout out!