In case you haven’t noticed, today is Halloween. I love to see all the little Gremlins running around in their imaginative costumes having fun. I can still remember how much fun it was to get all dressed up and get candy for FREE!! We don’t get many trick or treaters here so those that come go away with a good load of sugar. Let their parents handle the rationing!!
We had a chance to meet with Blogger Rick and his lovely wife Paulette today. Rick and Paulette, along with Molly and Riley, are on their way south for the winter. Since they were heading down I-5, Eugene was right on the way. We met at Roaring Rapids Pizza for a nice lunch and chat.
It was a bit too chilly to sit outside but we did go out long enough to look around and take a few snapshots. That’s the Willamette River in the background.
Outside, Russ had a parting gift for Rick as they were preparing to hit the road. Click picture to enlarge if you can’t read the sign.
I tried to get some shots of Molly and Riley but this was as good as it got. They were way too excited to see Mom and Dad to sit still for photos. It’s always fun to meet the folks whose journeys you follow on an almost daily basis. Rick and Paulette did not seem like strangers at all and we sure enjoyed meeting them. Soon Rick will be posting pictures of sunshine, warm swimming pools, and lots of sights in the area around Palm Springs. Travel safe guys.
BTW, if anyone is traveling the I-5 corridor on your way south, give us a holler, we'd love to meet you.
We picked up Grand daughter Emmie from school today and I fixed her some apples for a snack. Unfortunately, all I had were some very old apples that had somehow become wormy. She was a good sport and ate them anyway.
Later, our DIL Arwen, brought the older grand daughter by and picked up Emmie so they could all go fill their trick or treat bags. I’m not sure who the Freddy Krueger guy is – just a friend of the girls.
Our youngest grandson stopped by to say hi and grab a few pieces of candy. This is Brendan and he was a “Snow Ninja”! Brendan will be nine in just a few months.
We have one other grandson in Eugene, Corbin, age almost 12. His dad decided Corbin is too old to trick or treat this year so he stayed home and handed out candy. Guess all good things must come to an end but I’ll save some candy for him just the same.
So that’s all for tonight – we’re just answering the door and handing out candy. Hopefully most of it will be gone before too long. Happy Halloween Everyone.
love the pics..kids are so cute...nice that you got to meet fellow bloggers...I love when that happens...take care!!
ReplyDeleteI just knew you were the winners of 'meet the Doyles' as they head south prize!!!..looks like lunch went well!!..happy halloween to you all!!!
ReplyDeleteGreat fun and cute costumes!
ReplyDeleteGreat costumes for all the 'Grands' - they sure looked to be having a lot of fun!
ReplyDeleteThanks again for lunch and your great company. Paulette and I really enjoyed meeting you both!
It sounds like you had a nice lunch meeting with Rick and Paulette. I had to laugh at the "Occupy RV's" sign that Russ gave Rick.
ReplyDeleteI had just read Rick's blog about you all meeting. He mentioned a gift from Russ. Thanks for letting us in on what it was. We will take you up on that offer. Someday we will hit that area but don't have a clue when. So much ground between our east coast and your west coast.
ReplyDeleteMeeting up with fellow bloggers is always enjoyable! :)
ReplyDeleteIt is always nice to meet up with fellow bloggers. Glad you had a good time with them.
ReplyDeleteThe kids look great in their costumes.
Kevin and Ruth
www.travelwithkevinandruth.com
Thanks Donna and Russ!
ReplyDeleteIt was so great meeting you both...and lunch was terrific! Also thanks for the Halloween goodies..we really didn't NEED this but so YUMMY!! Maybe our paths will cross down in Desert Hot Springs...and remember to bring your sewing...we will have you quilting in no time!! :o) All the best!
Paulette
We always stop in Eugene, usually to visit Oregon MC for service or repairs, but also love that walk around the Willamette River. We'll have to get together!
ReplyDeleteWe met Rick and Paulette a few years back, enjoyed them very much. We've met quite a few RV blog couples, and of course look forward to meeting with you! You seem like fun people. And you write a great blog.
ReplyDeleteThat pizza looks so good! and such a beautiful view of the river. Glad you had a nice lunch and visit with Rick and Paulette, as everyone say's it's so nice meeting blogging friends. I like the kids costumes, and the wormy apples.
ReplyDeleteI'm sure we will be up that way next year. We will have to meet up!
ReplyDeleteHow fun that you guys met! I LOVE the sign.
ReplyDeleteLove the wormy apples - I'm going to send that photo to my daughter!
ReplyDelete