October 2014

October 2014
Day Trip to Oakridge Oct 2014

Friday, October 28, 2011

How Many Things Can Be Crammed Into ONE Day?


Quite a few if you work it right.  We had some chores and repairs scheduled for this week but somehow they all seemed to happen on the same day. 
P1010413ditch witch
I started the day early by baking pumpkin bread.  The electrician was scheduled to come and put in a plug for Therapy and plenty of hot pumpkin bread had somehow entered into the negotiations on the final price.  I’m not a great cook but I do make really yummy pumpkin bread.  The loaves are NOT flat as they appear in this picture!



The roofers were supposed to come on Tuesday for a minor repair on the carport roof but they got delayed and showed up about the same time as the electrician.  There goes another loaf of pumpkin bread! 

We had also scheduled Therapy to have her windshield replaced on Wednesday so we took her in and dropped her off.  Then we went for a drive while all the hubbub was happening around the old homestead.  We found a few things to take photos of out in the country.

First stop – no surprise – the lake to let the dogs walk and enjoy a bit of freedom.

fern ridge

From bright pumpkins to colorful old wrecks, there is always something to see in the country.

country looks

We enjoyed the look of this old barn…

P1010462

… and the sentiment expressed on this entry gate.

P1010464


We got back home to find the roof repair completed and the electrical plug in place.

P1010482

So now Russ gets the bright idea to have some gravel delivered.  He calls the place and they say they can deliver it yet this afternoon so Russ completes the order.  Right about then the call comes from the glass place that Therapy is finished and we need to come pick her up.  So we left a sign for the gravel guys (dump gravel here), went by the yard and paid for the gravel and went to get our Therapy.

P1010489


So Therapy is no longer cracked and the gravel is in the driveway.  Three yards sounded like a lot more than it turned out to be!!

P1010488

We’ll se how far it goes once we start to spread it in the RV shed.

Got a lot accomplished on Wednesday…oh and it was also garbage day, the pool cleaner came, and the lawn guy showed up as well.  Busy day?  Yeah I guess you could say that.  Now it’s time to get the gravel spread, get Therapy cleaned up and loaded up and go on a trip…somewhere…anywhere…I don’t care…. I need Therapy!

16 comments:

  1. I spy a yellow bug!!

    and yes I'll take a slice of that pumpkin bread...thx! How funny I posted about zucchini bread today, lol!
    Cheers! ~M

    ReplyDelete
  2. I kind of liked the feel of your busy day. Nothing too stressful yet lots accomplished. I'll take one of those days anytime:))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Donna, I'm out of breath just reading about your day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. GOSH, I need a little therapy after reading that -- and I'll take a loaf of that bread too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We could use a loaf of that pumpkin bread too. After having such a busy day, I'd say you two deserve the rest of the week off.

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a busy day you all had!!..Therapy sounds like a great idea right about now!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. whew... I got tired just reading all of that! Does it qualify me for pumpkin bread? Actually, I have a pretty good recipe for it myself... when I do cook and I also have won prizes in this little Halloween celebration at home for a pumpkin dessert thing I make!

    Hope your trip pops up soon! Pretty pics today!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A very productive day - I hope you kept some of that Pumpkin Bread for you and Russ. You'd need some after a day like that - it sure looked good.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Quite a lot accomplished in ne day...I bet you sleep good tonight!
    Therapy time must be coming up.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I see why you couldn't fit in an RV trip while you were getting all that done! Those all sound like valuable projects, though. Maybe things will settle down soon. We can hope, right? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Busy day, busy day, busy busy busy day! At least it wasn't all stuff you guys had to do yourselves! Have a great weekend, and get some rest. Then get out and get Therapy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pumpkin Bread looks yummy! Thanks for the nice welcome and telling me about Live Writer, I am going to check it out. Lolita and I enjoy reading your and Russ's Blog. Have a GREAT WEEKEND! Looking forward hearing about your next trip.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Busy days are good days. After the day is over!!!

    Glad to hear you got so much accomplished. Where are you headed?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Pumpkin - one of my favorite flavors. And I bet yours is absolutely delicious.

    ReplyDelete