October 2014

October 2014
Day Trip to Oakridge Oct 2014

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Donations update

Hijacked by Russ...again

We had a very good response to our post the other day. One reader was willing to join the movement, and would accept a donated motor home! Hobo Joe is presently in Hawaii, but I’ve been unable to find anyone there willing to donate a tag axle diesel pusher like the one he wanted. I’m looking at some other options.

We’re very fortunate to have a couple great motorhome manufacturers near Eugene, so that will make my task much easier. The town of Coburg has Marathon Coach, which is one of the premier coach builders in the country. We wanted to get this one donated, but that was not to be, unfortunately.

There are a couple other leads that I can follow up on.
The cost of renovations were not mentioned on this one. It doesn't look like a diesel pusher, either.

 But this one does, and they may be in the mood to get rid of it, for sure!


Don’t know how much shipping one to Hawaii might cost, but I read one estimate of around $4.00 per cubic foot. That probably doesn’t apply to motorhomes, however. There are some specialty transport companies that could ship a motorhome to Hawaii, but somebody told me you could not register a motorhome on some of the islands. Guess HoboJoe will have to find out about all of that.

I’ll keep trying to find a suitable motor home donation for you, Joe!

As for other donations...some readers requested that we take the donation from their taxes. That would work like this. Calculate your taxes, send me a check for that amount, and I will take the donation from there.

We had several readers who responded and said they were willing to occupy their RV's as soon as possible. That's good news coming from:   Al & Kelly   Rick & Paulette  Me and My Dog  Carol K & Dave 
Now, don't forget to make your cardboard sign. Stay safe, and enjoy the journey.

5 comments:

  1. No need to ship it to Hawaii Russ, I'm only here temporarily. That first one doesn't look too bad at all, I'm pretty handy. Course if that's not a diesel pusher it's missing an engine. Wonder if I could somehow turn it into a giant travel trailer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. your sense of humour is outstanding Russ!!..way to go!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup, we are still occupying our RV and waiting on our free meals and free FHU (with cable please).

    ReplyDelete
  4. What, take it out of taxes....thought one of our demands was going to me no taxes.
    :-)

    ReplyDelete