October 2014

October 2014
Day Trip to Oakridge Oct 2014

Thursday, February 20, 2014

CONTEST! (for Grandmas)

I wrote a couple of weeks ago about cleaning out all the toys and clothes from the kids’ room.  They have grown up and there was no use hanging onto that stuff any longer.  My niece did come and pick it all up and was happy to get it for her three little ones.

But in my closet, pushed into a corner and forgotten,  I found three doll dresses that I had sewn for the girls’ 18” dolls.  These dresses fit the American Girl type dolls.  I simply forgot to give them out and now  I have no one to give them to.  I am not the world’s greatest seamstress, in fact I’m not very good at all, but I enjoyed making these and other 18” doll dresses.  If you have a granddaughter, niece, great-granddaughter, or whatever, and you would like to have one of these little dresses, just make a comment to that effect.  I will draw names for the three dresses and mail them off to the three lucky (?) winners!!  If you have a preference for a certain dress, and I draw your name first, that is the dress you will get, so let me know.  The doll is my model and is not included.
butterfly dress



P1030155
P1030158




















P1030217

The trims I used were just what I had in my sewing stuff so they are not always an exact match but they look okay for a doll dress.   The dresses are made from scraps, remnants, or fat quarters!  I’m a little embarrassed as I know there are some REAL seamstresses out there and I am NOT one of them!  I just have fun making doll clothes.

In case anyone is wondering, yes, I did look into putting these on Etsy but there were TONS of people already selling 18” doll clothes, and most were better than mine.   When you consider the hours invested, there is no way to make this a business and I wouldn’t want to anyway.  I would rather give them to someone who would enjoy having them than trying to sell them.

So let me know if you are interested and if I get more than three comments, I will draw names and post the winning names here tomorrow.  We can make delivery arrangements by private email.  Thanks and good luck.

11 comments:

  1. I don't even have any daughters married off yet. Won't be entering my name, but the dresses are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seems to me those should stay in the family, they're pretty special. Sure none of the kids would want them? My mom made a few things like that and they're now treasures to the rest of the family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's very sweet of you. Those dresses will find their way to the right little girl, I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My twin Lily would love the pink hugs and kisses fabric dress! She's just about 6 and got her doll for Christmas... We got her accessories... a pink jeep and a golden retriever dog!

    But I do agree that they should stay in the family... great-grandchildren possibly?

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sure looks to me like you're an excellent seamstress! Please keep them for future little ones in your family--you'll be happy you did.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't need the dresses, but I absolutely love dress number 1. I like the color of the dress, the style, and especially the hat!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have you thought about putting them away for a future great grand daughter or maybe great nieces?

    ReplyDelete
  8. We have three granddaughters of the age where they should like dolls. One prefers Legos. Another maybe a Barbie but never has shown a real interest of dolls, and I don't think the third has dolls of that size. Agreed, keep them in the family.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sure those dresses will be prized by anyone who has a granddaughter! I think I'll stick to cars and trucks with Mason though!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both of my granddaughters have American Girl size dolls, and if you haven't drawn yet, I'd love one of the dresses. I think it's really nice you're willing to have a drawing. Any dress would be great if I win - they are all beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those dresses are lovely.... our granddaughters are all adults and our great-granddaughter is too young... but those are true "prizes" and whoever gets them will be very happy.

    ReplyDelete