October 2014

October 2014
Day Trip to Oakridge Oct 2014

Friday, February 14, 2014

Happy Valentine’s Day to my Sweetie!

We’re not much for Hallmark moments and made up occasions to send cards.  Seems the greeting card companies would have you sending a card for every other Friday if they could get away with it.  On the other hand, these special days are still fun to have, and a chance to show your love in a special way.  For us, that means going to the Wal-Mart card section and picking out the bestest of all the cards.  Then we show our selections to each other, oooh and ahhh a bit, maybe sneak a little peck on the cheek, and put those $6.00 cards right back on the shelf!  I have a Hallmark card making program on my computer that works REALLY well and it’s more personal too. Sigh!  I’m such a tightwad.

Still I wanted to acknowledge the sweetest man that ever lived.  No, not Ollie you silly, or even Rusty…this time I mean MY MAN, Mr. Russell William Krecklow!
1975 001

Now, he may not look like much in this Valentine’s day photo from 1975, but if you keep him around long enough, he kinda grows on ya! 

This is a picture of me on that same day.  Russ had it made into a wallet sized and carried it around until it finally crumbled with age – kinda like me!!
1975 002
Even back then he was a romantic devil that brought me flowers and plied me with chocolate – it was the chocolate that made me what I am today!!

The two of us were all dressed up for the annual Sweetheart’s Banquet at our church.  Back then, it was about all we could afford and anyway, we always loved the event. 
1975 003

So tonight we will stay in out of the rain, eat homemade tacos and then cuddle up with our furkids and have the best Valentine’s Day ever.  Thank you my Sweetheart for over 40 years of memories and love.

Happy Valentine's Day to all, and to all a good night!!

17 comments:

  1. Another Happy Valentine's Day to you, too, my love! When are the tacos going to be ready???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Russ you comment reminded me of today's kids texting while sitting in the same room looking at one another. Really, when's supper going to be ready? Wonderful pictures of a couple in days gone by.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Valentine's Day to two very special people-- and they happen to be married to each other!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely couple you two are... and such a wonderful love story. Happy Valentine's day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. Hubba hubba. Oh wait, I guess that was supposed to be my "inside voice".
    Erp.

    Cute pictures.

    We don't "do" Valentines. Never have. Never will. BUT, I've been known to buy flowers for no particular reason whatsoever. So I guess that will have to do.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You guys are so great together. Talk about finding your soul mate. We don't do cards. It drives me crazy to spend that much money on something that is just going to end up in the garbage.

    ReplyDelete

  7. SOOOOOOO SWEEEEEEET !!!!! Happy Valentine's Day !!! Love the polka dots ..... You both look terrific and ready for a good time .... Glad tonight was great fun too !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. HaHa. I thought Joe and I were the only ones who went to Target, Walmart or Hallmark, found the bestest card for each other, stole a little kiss and hug in the isle and then put the cards back. Saves a bunch of money too. Its Valentines Day every day at our house :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a perfect Valentine's evening. Hope the rain has stopped!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You two are a very cute couple--congratulations on 40 years of Valentine's Days~

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have aged well Donna but what the heck happened to Russ along the way?? I'm just sayin.....

    ReplyDelete
  12. Too sweet! Incurable romantics!

    No chocolate was harmed in the writing of this comment. :cD

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awww…so sweet Donna. I agree, you couldn't have done any better than big old teddy bear softy, Russ, and he couldn't have done better than you. Wishing you both many, many more valentine days and sneaking kisses. I don't know you, in person, but you have a love that few ever experience. You have a soul mate and for that I'm so happy for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the old pictures. How cute you guys were and still are. Happy Valentines Day.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks Donna - I have sent you emails lately.... tho not today. I have changed the password. You are so wise to check on emails.... Damn those spammers Let me know if you receive anymore junk!! You are a great detective!

    ReplyDelete