October 2014

October 2014
Day Trip to Oakridge Oct 2014

Friday, July 27, 2012

New Campsite

We found a wonderful new campsite today.  Lots of green grass, trees, concrete covered patio, and we were the only ones there.  Don’t you just love uncrowded campgrounds?

Anna has lots of experience setting up tents and she went right to work.

P1000261

Emmie, Cailin, and Bekah are not quite sure this is being done correctly.
P1000262

Just listen to Anna and the job will get done.
P1000263


Just a little adjusting on the rain fly.
P1000266


And a little adjusting in the front.
P1000267

And they’re good to go!
P1000268

This campsite comes with a great picnic table and a bar-b-que.
P1000259

There’s a heated pool for those who care to use it.
P1000256

And a playground just over the fence.
play
playground










Ahhh, it’s nice when you find the perfect spot!!

Just a note – I was unable to write much yesterday.  I’ve had a problem with my shoulder for about 7 or 8 months now.  I kept hoping it would get better on its own but no such luck.  Finally went to the doctor yesterday and she said I have a rotator cuff injury.  She got out a needle that was at least 12 inches long and a half inch in diameter and told me she was going to put some steroid right into the shoulder joint!!!   After she put the smelling salts away, and got me back on the table, I thought maybe this would be a good idea.  The injection was really not too bad but by afternoon that shoulder hurt worse than it ever had.  I absolutely could not move it without severe pain. However, it is MUCH better today.  I am trying to not use my left arm but it isn’t easy.  Being right-handed I never really thought about how much I rely on my left arm!!  Pay attention and you’ll be surprised at how handy that non-dominant arm is.

Anyway, if I do not experience a great deal of improvement in a week, I have to have some imaging studies done to determine the extent of the problem.  If it is a torn rotator cuff then that most likely means surgery.  I am going to try and do my bestest to take care and rest this shoulder and let it heal on its own cuz there ain’t gonna be no surgery in my future and that’s that!!  And so I sit here typing and my shoulder is starting to ache so this is goodnight and if you don’t hear from me every day, you’ll know the reason why.  I’m still reading your blogs though!

18 comments:

  1. Camping at home is the best--look how much you saved on gas! I hope your shoulder feels better soon, Donna! Take good care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You forgot to mention that jolly camp staff at the end of the picnic table.
    I been having shoulder trouble too and I'm pretty sure any hopes of a professional ball career have been dashed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun!!! I hope your shoulder heals quickly

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice campsite, Donna..looks perfect!..take care of your shoulder!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Circle K Campground indeed looks great; I hope they don't raise their prices by the time we get to Oregon. It looks like a lovely place to camp :-))) Take care of that shoulder.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Like the idea of tenting on a nice soft green carpet of grass. No yukky mud or sharp ouchy stones for bare little feet scrambling about. A 12 inch needle would have me smelling my share of salts as well.....

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW...that spot is amazing. We haven't come across a site close to that one.
    Glad you included a photo of the inside of the tent. I didn't realize how big it is inside.
    Our daughter, Kelly, has the shoulder issue also. She was a pitcher all her softball years and has the injury from that. I sure hope that injection gives you pain relief. I am with you, avoid surgery at all cost.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Funny how some of our favorite spots are so close to home, huh? We don't really have a "house" now, but when we're in Ohio, we can set up right at the edge of the driveway where we lived for so many years... and even gaze out our old house if we want to! Your g-kids will have a ball camped out - their own private campground!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful campsite. I'm sure everyone will have fun. I feel your pain with your rotator cuff. I had that once and it was awful. You use it all the time. I had to have physio as I was trying to let it heal and keep it as still as possible and as it turned out they said it had to move to get better. Everyone is different. Hope the steroid shot helps and you get better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Isn't it nice that tents can be put many places that the occupants want? It's also a great experience to be in the out-of-doors regardless the distance.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow that campsite looks almost as good as the Valley Center Mall where we are now for one more night... looks like the kids are having a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like a great campground. I've never, ever been to one that supplies a chef either - pretty ritzy!

    Donna, I had a rotator cuff problem a few years ago, so bad I had trouble sleeping from the pain and discomfort. My doctor diagnosed it immediately and when I asked him what the treatment would be he simply said "time". He advised me to just "tough it out".

    At my age, he strongly recommended against surgery and never even mentioned steroid injections(maybe he hates me!!). He was right. It took a while, about 6 months, but eventually my arm healed itself and now I barely notice it at all.

    As long as the pain isn't unbearable, I'd avoid any costly procedures and just do light exercise until it starts to feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You were one of the "lucky" one in five who get the unpleasant "rebound pain" from a steroid injection. I had the same after one in the elbow. It was so much worse than the pre-injection pain I thought I had made a big mistake. It did feel much better in a few days, though. Hang in there.
    Gayle

    ReplyDelete
  14. We haven't ever found a campsite that's as great as that one. They are going to have so much fun. And you need to take it easy and let yourself heal. We'll still be here when you feel up to blogging again. Do not push it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great campsite and hosts! Hope ur pain eases soon. My husband has that problem but so far has not had surgery. Like Rick he takes it easy and it heals on it's own. He only has a flare-up if he picks up anything heavy with his arm outstretched. He has learned to avoid that and has done well. Don't blame u about the surgery...what starts out as a simple repair can sometimes become a whole lot more. Hope ur's eases off quickly. Prayers for u. Enjoy those great campers u have.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those kids are not going to ever want to go home!!
    Take care of that shoulder. You might want to sling that left arm. It helps keep the shoulder stationery and reminds you not to use it. I broke my shoulder socket a couple years ago and that's how they let it heal. I was in a sling for about 3 months with no movement but I've not had any problems with it since...after extensive rehab of course. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow what a great campsite and awesome times to remember. My father-in-law is going throught the same shoulder issues as you and is scheduled for surgery in September. After reading all of your comments, I'm not sure that is such a good idea. Hope yours heals quickly and the pain subsides.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sorry Donna to hear about your shoulder. Pain is never a good thing to have. Hope it gets better over time.

    I really like that campground. I didn't know that Russ had taken on a camp host job.

    ReplyDelete