We knew it was going to be a nice place
We did find a rather unique tent. I really don’t see the advantage to this type of arrangement unless you are afraid of ants crawling into your tent. It definitely limits the day trips in the car!!
This picture is down by the boat ramp in the day use area. We saw a fella out in the mud digging clams but other than that it was deserted. It’s a beautiful view and there was a nice restroom facility and picnic tables.
This is close to the horse camp. There is also a stable where you can rent a horse if you didn’t bring your own. Tie up your horse here and have a picnic!
After a long driving day, Russ decided I was not going to cook dinner and he took us into Astoria for dinner. We had country fried steak at the Pig ‘N Pancake, with extra of that creamy white gravy that Rick likes so much (tee-hee!). After dinner we went for a walk along the waterfront and got some sunset pictures.
Those are masts sticking up along the bay front.
A lone seagull looks for dinner under the pier at sunset.
The fog was rolling in and the Washington side of the bridge disappeared into the mist.
Altogether a great day with a great ending. And next time you cross the Astoria Bridge, just remember, you’re in good hands.
So many people hold the Eiffel Tower up, that I'm very glad that SOMEONE is holding up the Astoria Bridge! How busy was Nehalem Bay State Park when you drove through? It was packed full in mid-July when we were there. As soon as one unit left, another one would take its place.
ReplyDeleteGreat photos! We love, love Nehalem Bay.
ReplyDeleteAgain, I'm having great memories of our stay in that area several years ago. Someday we'll make it back that way.....
ReplyDeleteWe're missing Astoria reading your blog. Many happy breakfasts in the Pig-N-Pancake, too!
ReplyDeleteAmazing sunset photos in Astoria and fun photo of Russ holding up the bridge.
ReplyDeleteWe like Nehalem Bay too, but you have to be careful about reserving a spot with enough height clearance. Be sure to ask as it is hard to judge by the photos alone.
You can always count on Russ to hold up his end of the deal.
ReplyDeleteLooks like a beautiful park that you have found. Hope you enjoy your time there.
ReplyDeleteThat tent set up is very similar to what we will have for 3 1/2 week in Namibia, we will let you know how it works out.
Ruth
www.travelwithkevinandruth.com
Thank you Russ - we sure do appreciate your hard work. Love that white gravy. Even after looking at that picture I'm not really sure hope that tent thing works.
ReplyDeleteRoof tents have been in use in Europe for many years. I, myself have been sleeping in one of them- in the winter in Norway. They can easily be folded up and away you go. Neat!
ReplyDeleteThat's very interesting. Can you tell me the reasons they are used instead of a regular tent? I like to hear about alternate ways to travel.
DeleteThat is so funny! Thanks Russ.
ReplyDeleteThe sunset photos are beautiful! What a great place to call home for a few days!
Looks like a very nice state park. We've never seen a tent like that, either.
ReplyDeleteSeptember is a perfect time to camp, not too many other campers and you still get the beauty. I had forgotten about that park. I have seem many similar tents in Mexico.
ReplyDeleteWe loved Nehalem Bay State Park. The camp host and maintenance man were wonderful. Lovely place.
ReplyDeleteRuss is such a strong, handsome man. I think he is a keeper for sure.
Chance to ride a horse, Elk sightings and country fried steak - how good does it get!
ReplyDeleteI love the pictures-especially the one of Russ holding up my favorite bridge! You two seem to have so much fun, together. I remember climbing up, up, and away when I crossed over. Love the sunset/evening shots. Oh, how Astoria calls my name. :) Thanks for sharing, Donna.
ReplyDelete