October 2014

October 2014
Day Trip to Oakridge Oct 2014

Thursday, September 12, 2013

A View of the Oregon Coast

We are in the library in Bandon, OR and I didn’t prepare a post ahead of time.  We’ve been so busy sight-seeing and enjoying life, that I haven’t had time to do mush else!  That’s a good thing!!

Yesterday we visited the area around Charleston, OR.  This is a real working fishing village.  Lots of boats and lots of hardworking fishermen.  Here are just a few shots of the area.

Basdendorf Beach.  There is a county park there with RV sites but it is not near as nice a campground as Sunset Bay…but the view is killer!!



Charleston Marina


This boat was in the shipyard – Russ liked the name!!  His kind of boat.


This is The Hollering Place Wayside.  It was so named because the native tribes that settled the area, would yell across the water to those on the sandspit.   Now it is a historical marker.


So many more pictures and adventures to share but some will undoubtedly wait until we get back home.  Just one more picture that Russ took…

…and what I posted on Face Book about this picture….
I was complaining to Russ that I didn't want him to take my picture, because I am so old and fat and ugly. He said he likes to look at me and take my picture because he likes the way I look. How can that be, I wondered. Russ responded..."I don't see you with my eyes, I see you with my heart."

19 comments:

  1. That Russ is such a romantic. I hope Paul picks up on his good manners and very loving comment. Good job, Russ!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're so missing the Oregon coast (sniff-sniff).

    That Russ is a keeper! :c)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet thing to say. I think Russ loves you:-) Makes me smile just thinking about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We all tend to be our own worst critics. When you have gone through what you have together Russ is very much correct. If you feel it's important that you change your appearance Russ will support you no matter because of his love for you. Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Russ is a nifty guy, and I agree with him.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great answer, Russ - got any more of those gems stored away to help us old husbands out?

    Your photo of Basdendorf Beach is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That was the perfect answer, Russ! Glad you two are having fun at the coast!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw, how nice to be perceived like that!!! I know, been reading your blog and figured we were in your area for awhile there... I did not get near enough time on the beach and will need to go back ;0

    ReplyDelete
  9. Russ is indeed a keeper..he could teach a few of the husbands out there in blogville a thing or two!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Russ is Mr. Romantic! Beautiful photos. I'd love to visit that area someday!
    Candy

    ReplyDelete
  11. He made me cry. That is kind of what Jim says when I tell him how old and fat and ugly I feel. Isn't it wonderful to have found such fantastic men? Glad you're having too much fun to blog. You can always blog when you get home and are just sitting around. Go out and party hardy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Russ should be in the movies. How romantic. You are one lucky gal, Donna, and he is one lucky guy.

    Pictures are gorgeous, as always. I love walking along a dock and looking at names of boats--people are so clever! I love "Miss Conduct". I could never think of something like that.

    I don't know how I missed Charleston…all the times I've been on the coast, but I did! There just isn't an inch on the Oregon Coast that isn't beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a sweet couple. Glad to hear you are having a good time exploring the area.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You can't beat the Oregon coast for beauty! And I think both of you are very lucky to have found each other so many years ago. You're an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Bob here, I am so stealing that :-)

    ReplyDelete