I went out to take a photo of the action and the nice man on the backhoe said we might want to move our car out of the driveway. Told him we were aware and we would move it first thing in the morning. “Well,” he said, “The driveway is going to be inaccessible in about 30 minutes!” Gee, thanks for telling us. Did it ever occur to someone to knock on our door and let us know??? Just glad I went out to take a picture and got the lowdown!
That nice gravel pad the backhoe is sitting on is now gone. Don’t really understand why as they are only pouring curbs tomorrow and there won’t be a curb across the driveway! At any rate we got one car out and parked across the street for the next several days. David and Nola, if you are reading this, they promised to be done by the 25th…but then they told us three weeks ago they would be done by the 15th. Hope you can get your rig out when you return!!
On a happier note, we had three visiting grandkids today. The girls are spending the night while their mom is out of town since dad works nights at the hospital. We threw some burgers and dogs on the grill for lunch.
Corbin is a growing teenage boy and he was HUNGRY. Take a look at his plate – and then add in a big serving of watermelon. I think that hollow leg stuff must be true!
They also ate a big piece of Blueberry Dream Cake. That’s Corbin, Cailin, and Emmie holding the cake. Corbin did the blueberries on top.
Good thing Grandma loves to feed the grandkids!!
A dip in the pool for them and a siesta in the backyard for us made for a great afternoon.
Yes, the sky really was that blue and it was an absolutely perfect day. No bugs, just a gentle breeze, cool in the shade, and warm in the pool. I think I’ve said it before but in case you don’t know – I LOVE OREGON!! Guess that’s why I’m still here. Now if they would just finish up the sidewalk project and give me back my driveway, I’d be a happy camper!!
Cailin looks like John's daughter (can't remember her name at the moment) Glad to see you are using Google Plus. I'm lovin it.
ReplyDeleteWould love a piece of that blubbery dream cake...looks yummy! So does the pool!
ReplyDeleteOregon is non list of " to go to states" one day.....
I loved Washington's weather today, but not yesterday when it was TOO HOT. Today we had perfect weather--I didn't even have to turn on the air conditioner. That's a bummer about your driveway! :(
ReplyDeleteI can see why you 'nixed' the meet up plans!..those city workers sure know how to make a big mess!!
ReplyDeleteAnother wonderful, fun time with the kids.
ReplyDeleteThe way Corbin is eating, you wouldn't want to feed him everyday. You would go bankrupt.
What a wonderful time with the grandkids! I hope you get your driveway back soon.
ReplyDeleteCandy
Teenager boys are eternally hungry. Not sure how families with more than one afford to feed them. That cake looks wonderful. The street not so much. That's like trying to get into the kid's driveway in Billings. Hopefully when we go back they'll have moved on down the road.
ReplyDeleteWe're in the same boat. We have a huge concrete truck blocking our escape as well. Once they finish laying the concrete they will leave so it won't be as long for us.
ReplyDeleteLooks like the grands are not worried by al thst road work:)
ReplyDeleteYou love to feed grandkids, and looks like grandkids love to eat at Grandma's house.
ReplyDeleteLooking forward to enjoying those blue Oregon skies real soon!
ReplyDeleteThat's quite the healthy looking lunch your Grandson Corbin had.
ReplyDeleteThe weather sure has been nice this July - better than most years!
It's not like you were planning on going anywhere, right?
ReplyDeleteActually, we were scheduled to leave tomorrow for a meet-up trip with fellow bloggers. As the driveway mess evolved, and because we have a memorial service to go to on Saturday, we cancelled that trip. Sad, but there will be other trips (I hope!!)
DeleteYou have great grandkids, they look like such fun! I love Oregon, too, and wouldn't mind living in your area. It really has so much to offer, and I like rain, so... Maybe some day. :)
ReplyDeleteI can't believe they didn't notify you before it was too late. Looks like you had another great day with the grandkids. Please say hi to David and Nola for me. I will be working with David at Amazon this winter.
ReplyDeleteOh, beautiful Oregon! We lived there for over 30 years. It's our domicile state. My family lives there. I'll be flying to visit them in late September. Any Oregon blogging friends want to get together and go to lunch or a movie and lunch? Let me know.
ReplyDeleteTravelBug-Susan