October 2014

October 2014
Day Trip to Oakridge Oct 2014

Sunday, July 28, 2013

Can’t Beat That!

Son, John, made a video today of Bekah’s progress on the drums through the years.  Just wanted to post it cuz I’m proud of them both.  Feel free to skip this post as it has nothing to do with travel or hiking or any of the things a travel blog might be about.  It is simply about family and about love.  If you do watch the video, that crazy drummer on the paint cans at the beginning is none other than our very own Mr. Russ Krecklow!!  He gave Bekah her first drum lesson when she was about 1 year old – improvisation at its finest.

12 comments:

  1. As one who can't even play the radio well my hat is off to Bekah. She must have gotten some of the talent that bypassed me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful progress. Fun to have it in one video. Sometimes we forget the eginings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing at all wrong with a little family bragging. I do it all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Shoeless Joe's comment. So true for me also.

    Through your blog, I feel like I have watched Bekah grow up also. She is turning into such a lovely young lady. Her parents should be very proud.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Bekah is awesome! It is great that she has had the opportunities to expand her talents and do what she loves. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great video. A treasure for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bekah is an awesome drummer! What a great video treasure to have.

    Russ obviously started something with his paint can drumming many years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's great! Donna. I have friends who gave their son a set of drums when he was little. He's traveling all over the world with a well-known band, now! Some kids just have talent. and it's obvious that Bekah is one of them. I'd be proud as a peacock, too! She's darling.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That was delightful. Something better to do with paint cans than opening them and painting the house! Go Russ, you started something great with Bekah!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Now that was FUN! I gotta admit I loved the baby at the paint cans - her body language was already showing rhythm! I think it's great when those around her show her encouragement & let her develop her talents.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Holy Moley that gal is great!! So glad you are documenting her talent! Donna was that John playing the piano?

    ReplyDelete