But wait...what is this...a small patch of BLUE??? Yes, it is a break in the clouds. And by mid-morning, the sun was shining and the clouds were high and white and puffy.
| This is a photo I took a couple of years ago but it looked just like this today. |
The lake is WAAAAY receded from the shore this time of year but what a beautiful day it was for a walk. I started with a sweater and a windbreaker and soon shed the wind breaker. I had to lose the sweater as soon as we got back to the car. The temperature hovered around 56F and that's warm when the sun is shining...at least in Oregon in January it is!!
As we were walking along the lake, I heard geese in the distance. That is not unusual around here!! But as they approached overhead, the honking got louder and LOUDER. I looked up to watch the fly-over and was amazed to see THOUSANDS of Canadian geese flying south. It was like wave after wave of geese, some in formation and some just trying to catch up I think. I have NEVER seen so many geese at one time. Why were they flying south NOW? I don't know. Perhaps they were looking for a nice field to browse. They didn't stop at the lake so they seemed to have a destination in mind. Could be they were tired of the snow up north and decided to head for California. I like to pretend they were just out for a nice "fly" and enjoying the mild weather!!
So what were the unexpected blessings? First, the beautiful weather and second, the sight of all those geese. And still more blessings...a great walk with my wonderful hubby and my fur babies, and a yummy lunch. Now who could ask for more. Thank you, God, for this beautiful day.
I was going to write about the Oregon coast today but it will have to wait until tomorrow. This day was too good to bypass.
What a perfect day!! I love how the geese were serenading you guys :)
ReplyDeleteOh what a nice thought. I was worried they were making fun of me...I'm just getting over a bad cold!!
ReplyDeleteNice break you got; we had overcst skies all weekend and woke up to icy roads this morning. Luckily, it's supposed to warm up a bit in time for the commute home.
ReplyDelete