October 2014

October 2014
Day Trip to Oakridge Oct 2014

Monday, January 3, 2011

Going "Buggie"

I have been so restless since December 30.  That was when Christmas was officially over for us.  The last of the relatives had been visited with, the last of the presents distributed, and the ham was almost gone.  Now it seems all I can think about is getting that Lazy Daze finished and getting into Therapy.   I know I still have plenty to do to get ready but the wait is starting to drive me "buggie".  So in honor of that I dug out some of my bug pictures to share.

Normally I HATE bugs of any kind, especially spiders.  But when I started looking at them through the lens of a camera, I found something fascinating.  Now I still don't like them in the house, but if they stay outside and off me, I love taking their photos.  Most of these were taken in my yard, unless identified otherwise.

It may seem cruel but it is simply the way of nature. 

Just a lowly and common blue bottle fly, but look how beautiful the colors are.
This was taken at a wonderful place on the Oregon coast called Shore Acres Park.
 
I love taking pictures of bees.  They really are beautiful if you take the time to look.
This little fella loved the lupine and I am guessing that is a load of pollen he's carrying.
I don't know much about insects, so I could be wrong.
I think dragonflies are pretty cool.  They are so colorful.  This one loved sitting atop this
garden stake.  At one point, as I snapped photo after photo, I swear he was watching me
as much as I was watching him.
The spider has long since abandoned his lair, but his handiwork lives on to capture
the frost of a cold morning and turn it into a delicate display of wonder. 
How do they DO that?


The butterfly photos were taken by Russ in Crescent City, CA this past September
on our way back from our trip to Montclair to order the Lazy Daze.  I think they're
pretty good photos.
Okay, I'll try not to bug you too much in the next few weeks.  I still have stories and photos to post of sights around Oregon and I will try and keep it travel related.  But with me, you just never know when I will get a bee in my bonnet and write something totally unexpected!  Happy Travels!

1 comment:

  1. I hear you about bugs and insects ... as long as they stay outside, they make a good subject for the camera. If they come inside, all bets are off!

    ReplyDelete