| Daffodils in the front yard are already several inches high. |
| At the base of the Sweet Gum tree, last year's snap dragons are volunteering for another season. |
| The ferns are unfurling from their protective layer of leaf mulch. |
| The peonies are covered in buds. |
| Even the pool looks inviting (except for the leaves in the bottom!). Don't be fooled, that water is COLD! |
I promised Russ I would NOT plant millions of annuals this year. I am trying hard to stifle the urge! I just gotta keep thinking about traveling in Therapy. But look at this little pansy. It's trying so hard to survive. The pot is full of grass that I need to dig out to give this little flower a chance at life.
So why am I so excited about this terrific weather? It's almost time for us to "get the call" to go pickup the motor home. I DO NOT want to do that in the snow. The following pictures were taken on January 27, 2008. This is more typical of January around here and I DO NOT want to travel when it's like this:
| Rusty, Poppy and Donna in the driveway. |
| We all enjoyed the snow. I just don't want to travel in it. |
| No swinging today. |
| Care to go for a dip? |
| Rusty wonders why the pool deck is covered with this cold white stuff. |
| It was really coming down and getting deep (for Eugene!) |
| Poppy is taking a break under the patio cover. |
Remarkable restraint shown on your part! I know you want to go shopping now, and take the dogs out to the lake.
ReplyDeleteGlad someone has warm weather ... it's been freezing here for two days ... it was -7C when we left the house yesterday ... and that was up from about -12C. At least the snow storms have been passing us by this year ... but it's early yet!
ReplyDeleteHope it warms up for you soon E. We ususally get some fairly nice days in February but March is most always cold and windy.
ReplyDelete