Inspired by Tioga George
http://blog.vagabonders-supreme.net/2011/01/cabinets-drawers.html I decided to clean out one of my kitchen cabinets today. This is kind of the "catch-all" cabinet...the place where everything goes when I don't know what else to do with it.

Let me explain - I have eight grandchildren and they all like to come to grandma's house. Every summer I have kids around pretty much all the time. From the time they were little, the grand kids all wanted to have "pink juice" when they visited. That was their name for Crystal Light Raspberry Ice. So I dutifully made certain that I always had "pink juice" in the house.

I ran out one time and the kids never let me forget it. So it seemed every time Crystal Light was on sale I would buy a can or two. Then in the last couple of years, I figured the kids were old enough to make their own drinks, so I started buying the single packets of drink mix. Seemed easier than always having half-finished containers of mixed up Crystal Light in the frig.
So when I cleaned out the cabinet today I started finding Crystal Light...behind the sugar, back in a corner behind the crackers, hiding behind the oatmeal...you get the idea.
When all was said and done this is what I ended up with.
 |
There are 12 tall cans and each can makes 12 quarts of drink. The smaller can makes 8 quarts. That's a total of 152 quarts of Crystal Light! |
 |
| This is a basket of "singles". I didn't count them - I don't want to know. |
I guess it's true, memory really is the first thing to go! Hopefully, now that the cabinet is clean and organized, I'll try to remember to NOT buy anymore Crystal Light- EVER! (even if it's on sale)
A see a lot of Crystal Light drinks in your future ;-).
ReplyDeleteThat is hilarious!! My father in law stocks up on Carnation Instant Breakfast. He buys it every time we go to the store...CONVINCED he NEEDS it. Then I see he has 253 boxes of it stashed in his pantry, in the garage, on the counters, etc. :)
ReplyDeletePLEASE don't make me drink it!! The lemonade is not too bad if you squeeze some fresh lemon in it but the rest is not my preferred beverage. Perhaps I could make a trade with someone who has an excess of ... Carnation Instant Breakfast hahahaha!!
ReplyDeleteThe stack of Crystal Lights is indeed hysterical! I bought my trailer in 2007 and I am still trying to organize it. I think all my cupboards are "catch-all cabinets!"
ReplyDelete