October 2014

October 2014
Day Trip to Oakridge Oct 2014

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Eugene - A day in the Country

Oregon is such a beautiful place, and to us Eugene is one of the best places in Oregon.  We are an hour from the coast, an hour from the mountains, and two hours from the high desert.  We are surrounded by rivers and lakes and ponds and countryside and all manner of natural beauty.  Sometimes we just go for a ride to see what we can see.  These photos are the result of one such ride and were all taken within a 30 minute drive from our home.  If you ever get to Eugene, OR these are some of the sights you might see.

I liked the look of this barn, kinda old (like me) but still with some life left in her.
And besides, we had the perfect sky!
There is something about a cow lazying about in a field that makes me feel peaceful.
Notice the tongue - don't know if she's enjoying her cud or flicking a fly!!
And, since I look at photos as a suggestion and not an absolute, I can't resist
playing with them.  It's all in fun and it's not any different from an artist painting
cows in a field when they weren't really there - not that I consider myself an artist!!
I just liked the color and shape of this bloom and I have no idea what it is.  It's just pretty.
Yes, that is a photo of moss.  We have LOTS of it growing on trees  - and roofs and
sidewalks and driveways and....  But I did like the shape and color of this bit.
Although I love Oregon, I do get tired of the cold and the rain and I am still anxious to get into Therapy and hit the road.  The Southwest is first on our list.  We love some places in Arizona that we have visited and we hope to make our first visit to New Mexico early on in our travels.  Come on Lazy Daze, we're ready for you.

1 comment:

  1. Love what you did with the barn and the cows ... it is, after all, as it should have been :-)))

    ReplyDelete