I guess I shouldn’t complain. Barbara of Me and My Dog is in the hospital after undergoing a not pleasant operation. Others I have read of recently are facing serious medical conditions. It just seems that all too often as soon as you are able to quit working and travel, you become entangled in medical problems. Sometimes I wish we could do things backwards; travel while we’re young and healthy and work when we are old and miserable anyway!!
Allen and Lolita are trying to decide what to do about retirement. He asked for reader input and ideas so hop on over there and give him your two-cents worth.
We went to a BD party for our 12 year old grandson on Saturday. I FINALLY got a nice photo of Corbin as he was showing off the jean jacket he received from his other Grandma.
Normally Corbin does this when he gets in front of a camera…
…or this…
He’s just like his dad! I have very few pictures of his dad when he wasn’t mugging for the camera.
Next year we will have THREE grands turning 13 within a few months of one another! Oh my…
We also got to visit with little brother Brendan and the new grandpuppy, Bertie.
Brendan is a “snuggler”…his big brother, not so much! The expressions say it all.
| Mom, can I dump him on the floor now, PLEASE? |
Dad (Joel) cut the cake…Corbin specifically requested something other than a “kid’s” cake.
We’ve been having nice sunny days here but still COLD. The few wispy clouds we have had, turn into wonderful sunsets at night…mostly pinks and blues rather than fiery reds and oranges. Russ shot this the other evening out in front of our house.
Unfortunately, our home is in an older neighborhood and we have all these ugly overhead wires. This is how it might look if we had underground utilities!!
Anyway it was a great sunset and we enjoyed the color while it lasted. And a Good night to you all!
THREE grandkids turning 13 all at the same time. GOODNESS!!! What was in the water 13 years ago?
ReplyDeleteThat cake looks delicious!
We are with you about the doctors. How could he have an appt. on the 16th and you call right after and you have to wait until the 28th? Makes NO sense. We hope the next time you write you will have all the appointments straighten out!
Oh I hope you feel better soon Donna. I'm with you on the medical stuff. It never seems fair that we wait all our lives to get to the point of retirement, then health issues creep in. Geeez. All our utility poles are above ground here. Well, yesterday, some were on the ground due to the storm ;-)
ReplyDeleteNice sunset pictures! Sunny days are to be enjoyed wherever we are. I hope you have some better luck scheduling your appointment. Can it wait until after you get back from your travels?
ReplyDeleteConsidering the average life expectancy was 65 or less when Social Security first started, I'm glad to feel as good as I do at this age. I just hope we can get that house fixed up and do some serious traveling while we can!
ReplyDeleteAny chance of seeing a different doctor, or scheduling the test at a different location.
ReplyDeleteI can so relate to the winter blahs!..some days the only bright spots in our day is the time we spend together after working all day!!..it was a beautiful day here today!!..
ReplyDeletehope you get your appointment done soon!..or maybe just phone and make one for in the spring and just head out after Russ has his!!!
Wish you had my Dr.! Of course, the fact that he's my 2nd cousin always helps! But didn't find that out until I started going to him... imagine that! I hope you get everything taken care of. I'm having some testing done myself and now it's time to wait and see...
ReplyDeleteCute kiddo's! And what was visible of the puppy too!
Great job on the photo editing!!!
Those winter blahs can be a real downer for sure, and when they're complicated by medical stuff, even worse. I was just saying that I was sick of dark and dreary days yesterday. We won't be going anywhere until May, and I keep watching my countdown - 129 days!
ReplyDeleteWhy not try having your referring physician's office contact the doctor/lab that is not being responsive on your test ... that might light a fire under them. Good luck with your appts.
ReplyDeleteI understand your winter blahs well. I had them for years before we were able to travel. Cold gray days stuck inside week after week. Health concerns are bad enough but throw in the winter blahs & you have a perfect receipe for misery and depression. Wished I had a solution for you........
ReplyDeletenothing worse than waiting on medical procedures ...especially when your chomping at the bit to hit the road...very disappointing to say the least...keep dialing and maybe get on a cancellation list?
ReplyDeleteHere is to happier, less stressful days in your future. Winter does get longer it seems as we grow more impatient for travel.
ReplyDeleteJust BS! (Bob and Sue)
Nice to see you had a nice day at your grandson's birthday party. Your grandpuppy Bertie looks like a cutie. Hope you are able to get all the medical stuff wrapped up sooner so you and Russ can get away again. Thanks for the comments and sharing your thoughts on my blog yesterday it was appreciated.
ReplyDeleteSorry to hear about your medical appointments delays - that does seem like an awfully long time to wait just for a physical.
ReplyDeleteThe pics of your grandson sure must have brightened up your day a bit though!
I thank our Lord every night for good health. (or at least semi-good health). Hey! That reminds me - I wanted to take a walk around this campground today. So - I am getting off this computer NOW>>>>>
ReplyDeleteI understand your frustrations with the doctors. When I tried last week to get in to see my doctor, the receptionist giggled and told me how popular he was and they could give me an appointment next month...I promptly told her I'd be dead by next month. That this was my doctor for the last 20 years, I never call unless I must see him, I dont have a hangnail, I am extremely ill and getting worse, so if I cant see him then what good is it for me to even have him as a doctor, I'd find someone that took their very ill patients seriously..after putting me hold told me I could come in in 2 hours.
ReplyDeleteArghh...Doctors!! Sure hope you get your appts. scheduled and "out of there" so you can enjoy our desert climes. Loved the pics of your kids...
ReplyDeleteI sometimes thing doctors set up appts this way to make it look busier than they are:)
ReplyDelete"Sometimes I wish we could do things backwards; travel while we’re young and healthy and work when we are old and miserable anyway!!"
ReplyDeleteI wish I had a nickel for every time I've said these exact same words! Made me smile through the "ouch"!
Maybe you can get your records from your doctors and get appointments on the road. Just a thought.
Appts for physicals are so hard to schedule unless you call really in advance, but then I tried to schedule a dentist and vision appt two months early, and was told to call back - they both only calendar three weeks ahead! That was a first!
ReplyDelete