October 2014

October 2014
Day Trip to Oakridge Oct 2014

Friday, January 6, 2012

A Fun Trip to….COSTCO!!


Now, going to Costco is not generally high on my list of things to do.  Oh sure, I like to wander around and look at all the neat stuff, and browse the books, and breathe in that fresh bakery smell…BUT I could do without the hoards of people, and the basket bashers, and the whiny kids…wow, I sound like a curmudgeon!  I’m sure you have never longed to run smack into a cart that some thoughtless person has left abandoned in the center of the aisle while they go off to check out the fresh produce! 

But today I saw something in Costco that made the trip completely worthwhile.  I’m not sure it was completely legal and I am not sure how store security was not involved, but here it is:

P1020921

As far as I know these are NOT service dogs and those are the only ones allowed in grocery stores.  But who cares?  They were behaving themselves. “Momma” was pushing them with one hand and pulling one of those oversized Costco baskets with the other.  She was creating something of a traffic jam but no one seemed to mind.  When I asked if I could take a picture, she grabbed a package of meat and held it up for her little charges to see. 

P1020922












I think this little fella was hoping for a sample.  The poor little one in the back didn’t stand a chance.


We got what we needed at Costco, and some of what we didn’t, so it was a good trip.

All the roasted chickens were gone when we got there a little after noon, but we hung around and got a fresh one.  The aroma in the car coming home was enough to whet anyone’s appetite and we were ready to dig in.  I had a bit of left over teriyaki pork loin and a little green onion.  I made some instant rice (don’t tell my daughter!), added the diced pork loin, onions, seasonings and a scrambled egg and we had ourselves a dinner of pork fried rice, Costco chicken, and some of those yummy little tomatoes that Costco sells. 

P1020925

Geez, this has turned into a commercial for Costco and I don’t even own any stock!

Just to prove it isn’t all about Costco, allow me to enjoy a short rant.  I have had a few minor medical concerns since Thanksgiving and I have put off doing anything until after the holidays were over.  So Tuesday morning I started making calls.  Of the three things I needed to take care of, ZERO have been addressed!  Between no call backs, sloppy lab people, and conflicting instructions, this week has been a total waste as far as medical issues go.  I am not surprised that many older folks neglect their health until they are forced to confront an issue.  It is just so darn frustrating and stressful to deal with the medical community that I would almost rather just go out on the ice flow and let nature take its course.  Not really, but you get my drift.

Okay, end of rant, and I’ll start fresh on Monday and hope everyone leaves their stupid hats at home next week!

That’s all folks…have a great evening.

18 comments:

  1. I saw one of those doggy strollers for the first time on New Year's Eve ... and now, here's the third instance of one since then.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute dogs. I don't do large stores. Medical facilities drive me crazy and I go only if absolutely necessary. I hope you get your medical issues resolved.

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute post Donna!!..now as for those 'little dogs'..you would think that a dog of any size would not be allowed in a store that carries food?..at least those are the rules here in BC?..maybe next time we got to Costco we will tie Tucker to the buggy and shop?..think that would be allowed?.he is great at pulling things!..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute as but like you I'm surprised they were allowed to continue shopping in the store.

    We have very strict rules about animals in food shops but every now and then someone gets away with a dog in a shoulder bag or a kitty inside their jersey.

    I would never risk it. I was caught out as a tiny wee girl trying to take a kitten, which had followed me the half mile walk to our road gate, onto the school bus. I intended to take the kitten to the country store. The owners had given us the kitten so I thought they could look after him while I was at school.

    The bus driver said NO! and I spent a very anxious day at school. Was I relieved when the kitty came out of the grass to my call when I got off the bus at end of day.

    Very traumatic for me. If only today's dramas were of similar size.

    Hope you get those medical things sorted ASAP. I hate getting the run around.

    Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We went to Costco today, too--the one in San Luis Obispo. All we bought was some meat to grill. We didn't buy any dogs--I mean we didn't SEE any dogs.

    Sorry about your poor medical responses. Sometimes it gets frustrating. I hope you have much better luck next week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You mean the free samples aren't enough to bring you to Costco? The other day they were giving out chocolate samples. Yum. As for the dogs, I think that's one of those situations that nobody monitors because who would have the nerve to bring them into a grocery store?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love Costco, we call it the $400 store because almost never got out of there under under $400. Of course, that was when we still in a sticks and bricks house. Can't do that anymore. Another of my favourite stores is Fry's Electronics here in California. I can spend HOURS in there!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awe, I'll take the little black & tan Pom in the back please! Too cute! Different counties have different laws, but the last county I lived in, the health dept would have not allowed that & the store would get a fine.
    I hope you can get your health issues addressed next week! It does make some people give up...
    Oh & the chicken looks good too. I usually pick one of those up at WalMart when I travel. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So Cute. It just goes to show, there is never a dull moment when in public places. Hope you are feeling better, soon.

    Just BS! (Bob and Sue)

    ReplyDelete
  10. We sure have had our eyes opened these past few weeks in regards to the confusing ways of the medical profession. Miscommunication between departments is a biggy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think I'm the curmudgeon! While, yes, those dogs are adorable, it burns me that people think it's okay to bring them into a grocery story - or a store of any kind! I just don't get how folks think the rules don't apply to them. It's inconsiderate. You never know what an animal will do or how someone near you could be allergic.

    Sorry for my rant, but I get tired of people acting as though their dogs are their children. They are not.

    Okay, I've taken off my cranky pants now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those three little guys (girls) were just to darn cute. How could anyone complain, especially if they were so well behaved?

    Hope you are able to make some headway with your medical issues.

    Kevin and Ruth
    www.travelwithkevinandruth.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Adorable dogs!
    I know just want you are going through with the medical people. Funny how they want their money up front, but they can take how ever long they choose to get you results.

    ReplyDelete
  14. We saw a few of those doggy strollers around the street fair at College of the Desert. Hope you make some head way next week with your medical appointments so you will be ready for the next big adventure in Therapy.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hope you get your medical problems worked out this coming week.

    Even though we have 2 small dogs I don't think we'd ever bring them into a grocery store. Outside in a stroller? O.K., I guess but not inside where there's food and folks who might not appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hope you get the medical issues worked out soon. It is sad that this profession has some folks in it who just do not seem to care...

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm a crudmudgeon of a different sort, would rather see 3 well behaved pooches in a stroller than one screaming, out of control kid that is running into me w/ his cart or yelling profanities at a parent at the top of their lungs and defying anyone to say anything.
    Of course could never 'sneak' Riggins into anywhere..too big and too mischeivious...

    ReplyDelete
  18. I think if a customer says it's a service dog, they get a pass. They aren't questioned. Some true service dogs are for people with emotional issues, and maybe the woman needs them to go out of her home. That's how it was explained to me. But...I think they are supposed to be wearing service dog tags.

    I'm actually one of those people who loves shopping at Costco. Especially now that I live in such a small rig.
    About the only things I get now are fresh fruit, maybe veggies, and usually those great almond chocolate -rolled ice cream bars. Yum on all counts! :)

    ReplyDelete