This is Bekah and Doug in our driveway with the Duck motorcycle. The is the motorcycle and driver that roars across the field to start all Oregon home games. The Oregon Duck mascot rides on the back of the bike. It’s a great tradition. This was a great honor to have the motorcycle come to our house. Bekah had burned her leg on the exhaust pipe the day before at a Daisy Ducks (booster club) meeting and Doug felt so bad he came to the house to see her.
For several years, I sent the girls to Cheer Camp every year. They got to perform at a women’s basketball game and they all had a great time. Emmie was too young here but she participated when she was old enough.
Emmie may be too young for cheer camp but she is still an Oregon fan.
Bekah doing her Duck cheer.
Grandson Tim (left) and nephew River at a pre-game banquet. We all bleed green and yellow in this family!!
Bekah cheering another Duck touchdown at Autzen Stadium 2007.
John (Red) is probably going to kill me, but I think this photo is so funny.
Yours truly with Ducky at some Duck function. Did you know the official name of our mascot is Puddles? No one ever calls him that…to us he’s just “Ducky”. He is the only likeness of Donald Duck allowed as a school mascot by Disney…and that’s another whole story.
At the Holiday Bowl 2006…unfortunately we lost but we had a grand time.
My sis, Laila, and me at a crazy hat day at Daisy Ducks. The symbols on the hats mean “I love Daisy Ducks”
Russ blows his Duck lips at the Washington game in 2003. Unfortunately, that fine tradition is now outlawed.
And so I guess you know who we’ll be rooting for in today’s Rose Bowl game. Merikay will be there rooting for her Badgers and I sincerely hope she and Craig have a wonderful day, but I still want my Ducks to win!!!
Forgot to say GO DUCKS!!
ReplyDeleteRuss's comment to Shoeless Joe made me LOL. Literally!(He said,"We will probably be rooting for the ducks.")
ReplyDeleteGreat pics of wonderful times. I'm rooting for those ducks -- quack-quack! GO DUCKS!!
ReplyDeleteIf fan enthusiasm counts, you guys should win hands down. Good luck.
ReplyDeleteWell, Donna, it is 83 degrees here in sunny socal and rumor has it that will be harder on the Badgers than the Ducks! My friend Bel in Ocala is from Wisconsin so of course we are having friendly text wars. Go Ducks!
ReplyDeleteSuch a cute blog. Love the pictures. I hope you won't kick me out of being a follower but I am for the Badgers. I really just want a great game.
ReplyDeleteWOW! Quack about fans. You folks just waddle up to that TV, find a comfortable roost, and enjoy!
ReplyDeleteI'm not a football fan, but you WIN for enthusiasm, so I have to say, "Go Ducks!"
ReplyDeleteHave a great time!!!
I AM watching and rooting for the home town team, GO DUCKS!!!
ReplyDeleteWe are back at the RV park after the parade. LIstening to the game, can't seem to get it on tv ! Presently tied, just before half time.
ReplyDeleteWe saw lots of DUcks and Badgers today. Beautiful parade!
We are back at the RV park after the parade. LIstening to the game, can't seem to get it on tv ! Presently tied, just before half time.
ReplyDeleteWe saw lots of DUcks and Badgers today. Beautiful parade!
aww what a great blog..love the pictures....you definitely win for enthusiasm !!!
ReplyDeleteWe are Beaver fans, but today we are rooting for the Ducks. It's just Joe and I but I have the kitchen bar and dining room table laid out with all Joe's favorite snacks. Veggies, dips, fruits, chips, and goodies including sparkling cider and his Pepsi.
ReplyDeleteSo far, at half time, it has been a record breaking game, and both teams have shown why they are here! It's great to see a football game where both teams are so evenly matched! No matter, I'm still rooting for the Ducks to win!!! We will waddle back to our recliners after the break here, and continue watching with enthusiasm!!
ReplyDeleteLoved today's post & all the pics! Have a great time!
ReplyDeleteWhat a game -- can't say it's boring! Hang in there Ducks!!
ReplyDeleteIt's too close for comfort with less than 6 minutes to go. Hang in there Ducks.
ReplyDeleteDoing my happy dance!!!!! WOOO...finally!
ReplyDeleteCan't help but feel a little sorry for the Badgers after that ball that didn't go out of bounds. That was a really tough thing that caused the momentum to change. It's hard when things that are beyond your control, and unexpected, happen like that. I guess that's life, though, things like that happen to all of us from time to time. I know the Ducks have lost some games in the past like that. Just glad they won this one. Congratulations to both teams on a very exciting and interesting game. Thank you Ducks, for not letting us down! Go Ducks!!!
ReplyDeleteCongrats to the Ducks! I spent one Sunday parked in the lot at a Casino in Oregon when the Duck's were playing and I was impressed by the spirit of the Ducks' fans parked all around me.
ReplyDeleteI won't mention where I went to school as I might lose a follower or two.
Happy the Ducks won the game. I'm sure it was all of your enthusiasm that did it!
ReplyDeleteGreat pictures!
Sharon
Good game! The Ducks have won a Rose Bowl!
ReplyDeleteA game you hate to see either team lose, but congratulations to the Ducks.
ReplyDeleteHow 'bout them Ducks? Rose Bowl Champions!!! Congrats to all your Duck fans as it's been a long time coming but well worth the wait.
ReplyDeleteFantastic game. I'm betting the Kreklow residence is hopping and a happy place tonight!!
glad to hear that your 'ducks' won the big one!!!..quack away Krecklow's ..quack away!!!
ReplyDeleteSince we don't follow FB I had to look up who won ... congrats :-)))
ReplyDeleteYour Ducks (and ours!) did a fine job yesterday!
ReplyDeleteOh Quack!
ReplyDeleteGlad you got your win!!! I remember seeing duck feet hanging out of someone's trunk when we were in OR last summer... that's when we became aware of the mascot!
Have a great celebration!!!