When Grandpa and I drove away in our sled
Away to the Pancake House we flew like a flash
I had the pancakes and Grandpa had hash.
The sun as it rose, and the fog and the clouds
Covered the Hills with a magical shroud
My nose how it reddened, by cold wind ‘twas bitten
But each hand was warm in its Maple Leaf mitten (Thanks Doug and Sue)
While out in the sled, in great anticipation
Awaited the dogs for their share of the bacon
They each took a turn, (they are always polite)
Of those two bacon slices, they finished each bite.
We jumped in our sleigh, and we went down the road
We stopped at the market then to our abode
The girls were just fine and the house was still standing
We pulled in the driveway for a perfect “sleigh landing”
So as a reward, we went to a movie
Saw Happy Feet Two, and it was sure groovy
Came home and we fixed them hot chocolate and snacks
Now two have gone home, we can “kinda” relax
What tomorrow will bring we really can’t say
But this has sure been... one heckofa day!!
OH I LOVE THIS BLOG!!!! This is great & very clever - Happy Holidays! Hugs to the pupsters too.
ReplyDeleteTo have the gift of being a poet
ReplyDeletean I'll bet ya didn't even know it.
It's about time.
Love your poetry, a little stolen time is great this time of the year.
ReplyDeleteI love it!!!!
ReplyDeleteStolen time is the best time. One Thanksgiving Dinner with the whole family, here, Rich and I disappeared downstairs to the office, put music on and were dancing--sort of giggling as we could here the footsteps and voices saying, "Where the heck could they have gone?" ...then the basement door opened. Aha, but at least we got a couple of dances in. I still remember the two songs.
Thanks so much for your post. It brought a smile to my face, Donna.
you are a poet and didn't even know it!!..nice mittens!!..glad you got to use them!!
ReplyDeleteDonna, you are so mult-talented. Wait a minute--Russ didn't write this did he? I didn't think so. Sorry, Russ.
ReplyDeleteThat was great, you are sooo talented!!! Loved reading it!
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteYou are the best, I wish you had been my Grandma when I was a kid!
ReplyDeleteGREAT post -- you always come up with such delightful posts...now poetry, I am sooo impressed!
ReplyDeleteNicely done and well thought out...
ReplyDeleteNice bit of time you carved out for yourselves out of the hectic holiday schedule.
ReplyDeleteHaha! That was great - if I didn't know better, I'd say you have too much time on your hands!! LOL
ReplyDeleteOh believe me, folks, Donna has been writing poetry for a long time. She can write anything and everything and she does it all well. What else do you want to know about my sister? I'll tell it all! (just kidding, of course) Also, she is the best grandma in the world...bar non!!
ReplyDeleteDonna, how did you get Rusty to get in the car?????
Oops...bar none.
ReplyDeleteGreat poem!! Enjoyed it immensely.
ReplyDeleteLove the gloves.
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful poem. It would take me a year to come up with just two lines that would rhyme!
Merry Christmas.
Really cute Donna ~ I LOVED it!!!
ReplyDeleteHave fun & Travel safe
Donna
Donna, I always love reading your blog! Great poem. Have great fun with the family as I know you will.
ReplyDeleteJudy from Rvlifeonwheels
Delightful! For three years we did our Christmas letter in rhyme, always poking fun at ourselves. That got to be difficult the third and final year of it. We enjoyed your little ditty, and wish you a Christmas that's warm and pretty! (See, we can still do that!)
ReplyDeleteTerrific post! Well done - that must have taken a lot of work. Pancakes and bacon sound great but they'd never turn me into a poet and I know it!
ReplyDeleteYou are amazingly talented! I'm sooo impressed. Love the snowman header too.
ReplyDeleteDonna, enjoyed the poem great job you have so many talents. Breakfast sounded good I think I could go for some of that hash. The furkids looked happy with the Bacon. Hope to see you both soon. Merry Christmas.
ReplyDeleteAMAZING! Nuff Said.
ReplyDeleteSharon
What a great job on the post. That must have taken a bit of time to put together, how very talented you are.
ReplyDeleteMaerry Christmas to you all!
Kevin and Ruth
www.travelwithkevinandruth.com
I hope you are continuing to have some wonderful family times. So special.
ReplyDeleteWe wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Blessings from Anne and John, New Zealand..