October 2014

October 2014
Day Trip to Oakridge Oct 2014

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Scrooge’s Gift Ideas for dog and cat lovers

scrooge4
I was looking for some gift ideas for this year, and saw this online.
I knew I could do better than that on my own, so here are some of my ideas.

naughty
nice
No matter which list
You might be on….
There are gifts 4U



One thing about RV’ers … they all love their pets and care about them. Worry about protecting them from coyotes and other prickly problems could be solved with these gifts:
dogindinosuit
doggift

cattape
dogpresent1


dogpresents

Apparently this dog opened all of its presents early, so this could be considered one pet to be on the Naughty list, perhaps, but on the other hand it is very well groomed, and could therefore be considered to be on the Nice list. I’ll leave that for you readers to decide.


automatic dog ball launcher

This has to be one of the best gifts for any dog. An automatic ball tossing machine… how great would that be for your dog!
Can’t you just see them now, chasing and chasing, fetching, and fetching… all while you sit in your lounger and read!

tennisballlauncher
For those of you who might be more interested in more strenuous exercise on your part, here is a tennis ball launcher that would work for you.

dog bowl1


Is your pet a picky eater?
Here is the perfect food bowl.
Give them four choices, and they might find one they like.

catfood
Cats can be very finicky about their food, too.
You can tell from this picture that you shouldn’t feed them from the dog dish, or they won’t eat.







Another thing about cats… they like to choose their favorite toys. They can be perfectly happy playing with ping pong balls, dust bunnies, boxes ……

cattoys
catandpresents



catsling
Cats like to be comfortable, and small dogs do too, so this little hammock would be just perfect for your RV. It wouldn’t take up much room, could be used both indoors and out, and could be matched to your color schemes inside the RV.





You might prefer to get your cat something “green” and environmentally friendly. Consider these gifts, the “kitty garden” where you can grow catnip or whatever other things your kitty likes best. OR, consider giving your cat it’s own tree for Christmas ….

kittysgarden
cattree

cats

Lots of cat owners will agree that their kitty loves to play with balls of yarn. You might contact Paulette Doyle, and see if your cat could become part of the quilting club at the Sands. I’m sure she would be delighted to make some arrangements to accommodate those who are located elsewhere.

yarn
I just couldn’t resist putting this picture of the yarn in at this point, just so it would get your attention. If it seems like I’ve focused more on cats in this post, that’s because I found more cute cat pictures in my haste to get pictures. Here are just a few final ones for your Holiday pleasure.



catslifepresents
santacatduit

Don’t worry, there will be more gift ideas for you RV’ers. And maybe even some “virtual gifts” for blogger pals. Apparently I've been reading too many blogs by cat owners like Meomamma lately.





I will have more gift ideas for people on your list. Stay tuned!!

14 comments:

  1. great gift ideas for the 'furkids' in blogville!..the duct tape would work to keep the 'fur at bay'!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who would of thought that a blog could be made out of gift Ideas for dog and cat lovers. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. going to make sure that my crew doesn't read your blog, they will
    feel deprived!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I'll get you and Donna a cat for Christmas. Then you'll have a pet to get all these goodies for!

    ReplyDelete
  5. When's Donna coming back? :-D Just kidding. This was highly entertaining. Even for those of us without pets.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wonder if they sell those cat hammocks at Quartzsite? I think it could be made out of PVC pipe. Isn't that what RVers use for making things (along with duct tape, of course)?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll be making sure that Molly and Rylie don't read your blog in case they get any crazy ideas about gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute! Our dog, Maggie, is always looking for a present when I come home from the store loaded down with bags!
    Candy

    ReplyDelete
  9. great blog ...cute...our tucker the ball fanatic would love that auto ball thrower...have a super week

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice creative gift ideas Russ keep them coming. Stay warm and cozy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Did you get any sleep at all, Mrs. Christmas? LOL Missed you, but glad you're happy.

    ReplyDelete