Now you’ll get some of the REAL stuff…This Blog is MINE!
Took Poppy to the groomer today, since she spent so much time rolling around in the desert dirt while we were at The Sands. She was happy to be back home, but tired. She did get a nice Holiday Bow, which is barely seen in this photo.Rusty just got his nails clipped, since he gets so nervous when going to the groomers that he starts shaking real bad. Won’t put him through that anymore.
I went to my groomer too, but since I have control of the camera, you won’t be seeing any pictures of the results. Donna thinks it’s too short, but I like it. Now I can wear my stocking hat outside in the 39 degree sunshine.
Usually I watch the weather report on TV in the morning so I can tell how long to stay in my recliner, under my nice warm blanket. There’s lots of things to do, but I’m not like Donna… I’d rather stay where it’s warm and cozy… and since we’re not in the desert anymore, this is my next best place to be. As Maxine says: “I don’t know how to beat the heat, but I do know how to beat people who complain about it.”
You might not know this, but Donna is really into healthy eating. She figures the best way to good health is through eating. Since she caught a touch of the tummy bug after she fixed enchiladas for our Thanksgiving Day Feast, she modified the recipe and we had enchiladas last night for dinner. Don’t these look good?
Donna believes in feeding a fever, feeding a cold, feeding a stomach bug…well, you get the picture. This was yummy, so I’m feeling pretty good about it anyway. I know she enjoyed it, even cleaned up the kitchen afterward. Now, I’ve got to find the best place around here to get good tamales, since K & D In The RV made us so hungry for some.
Donna has finished most of her Christmas shopping, and is just walking around the house trying to remember where she put some of the presents she purchased earlier. Sort of like in our favorite Holiday movie…
We always have to start the Holiday Season by watching this movie right after Thanksgiving. We were in Therapy this year, so it was very fitting. It’s become something of a family Holiday Tradition for our son John, and his family, too. There are so many scenes and lines from the movie that evoke laughter for us, all someone has to do is make a reference to one in some way, and we immediately know what they mean.
One of John’s favorite characters is Cousin Eddie, so we got him a hat.
He gets a big kick out of wearing it this time of year. We still haven’t been able to convince him to go outside in the snow with his hat and bathrobe on yet, but we’ll keep trying. He’s got that “Cousin Eddie” look down.
Well, I’d better let you move on to more interesting and enlightening reading now. See you on the flip side.
My Oh My Russ...you do have a wonderful funny sense of humor.
ReplyDeletePoppy looks lovely! I know how Donna feels about trying to find all the presents. I hide them all over the MH and then forget where they are all.
You did a great job with the blog!
Russ, you made me laugh...I love all the little pics you inserted. GREAT post!
ReplyDeleteyou're so silly!!!
ReplyDeletewell great blog you put a smile on my face..be sure to be around with the camera if you can talk your son into the bathrobe and hat pose :) have a super weekend
ReplyDeleteOH those enchiladas look so delicious!
ReplyDeleteRuss you are such a comedian!..thanks for the laugh!..Donna may have to make you start your own blog!!..horning in on her territory..he who writes gets to wear the mittens!!
ReplyDeleteI sure hope didn't all this on our account!
ReplyDelete...we've got plenty of towels, plenty of everything....
ReplyDeleteRuss, it's a pleasure to read your version of the Therapy blog. Well, it's entertaining, anyway. That was a good looking enchilada casserole. I am one of those people who can always eat, even when I'm sick.
ReplyDeleteSo much fun to read your blog! My hubby has that same hat and absolutely loves it. The enchilada casserole look delicious. Aren't you glad Donna believes is feeding whatever you may have!
ReplyDeleteCandy
We love Christmas Vacation too... funny movie! The food looks so yummy!!! I love anything Mexican! Well food at least ~ LOl
ReplyDeleteHave fun, Stay Warm and Travel safe
Donna
Haven't seen Christmas Vacation, but we know the characters from three other vacation movies. Gotta get that one. Our seasonal movies include Christmas With the Kranks, Polar Express (yes, really), A Christmas Carol (with George C. Scott) and good old It's a Wonderful Life, with Jimmy Stewart.
ReplyDeleteSince the Enchilada dinner looked half gone - I already know it was good!
ReplyDeleteYou're setting a high bar for taking over the blog, Russ. We're going to expect a lot from you now!!
Poppy looks nice with her bow. Your sounding like Lolita avoiding the camera. nice looking enchiladas, based on whats left they must have been delicious. Great movie Christmas Vacation. Looks like we may be on our way to BC day after Christmas, maybe we can leave you some of Lolita's tamales as we pass your off ramp. Have a great weekend.
ReplyDeletePoppy looks beautiful! Going to the groomer always tires out the poor pups.
ReplyDeleteHow is Rusty doing?
The enchiladas look pretty good too - a little guac and sour cream and I'd be good to go.
It's not Christmas until you've watched Christmas Vacation and Polar Express is a must! Just enjoyed it again last night. Brought to mind the saying "Seeing is Believing or Believing is Seeing". Can't remember the actual saying but maybe someone can help me out with that?
ReplyDeleteGreat posts and comments from both of you.
Enjoy the Holidays!
Sharon