October 2014

October 2014
Day Trip to Oakridge Oct 2014

Saturday, June 15, 2013

Rock On!

What's more fun than a kid on a rocky river bank?  TWO kids on a rocky river bank!!  Okay, sorry, lame joke, but we really did have fun watching granddaughters Bekah (13) and Anna (16) play along the banks of the Willamette River in Harrisburg, OR today.

I don’t know what it is about water and rocks but I have never seen a kid yet who doesn’t like to throw rocks into the river.  Don’t worry, it was too shallow for fishing right there so they weren’t disturbing anyone.  There were quite a few kids and families and they were all skipping rocks across the water.

Anna winds up for a big toss.
IMG_1131

Then I caught Bekah right at mid-hurl – yellow arrow is pointing to rock!!
IMG_1135

Did you notice what Bekah has on her feet?  Her bedroom slippers!  Silly girl!

Anna was smart and took off her shoes for a delicious cool treat for da feet.
IMG_1144

I don’t know who these boys were but they were sure having fun.  That water is COLD!!
IMG_1162

This is a great place for wading and playing as there is a huge gravel bar and the current is slow.  These boys went almost halfway across the river and it never got above their waist.  The Willamette can be dangerous in spots, but this is a relatively safe place to enjoy the water.
IMG_1158

Some other folks were enjoying the water ON the water!  I don’t know about that raft though.  Looks like something that belongs in a swimming pool.
IMG_1155

This park also has a gazebo for special events and the girls had a great time hamming it up on stage (but I couldn’t get them to sing or dance!).
IMG_1093

IMG_1102

IMG_1104

IMG_1108

Poppy has not been feeling very well, but she enjoyed her ride as always, and enjoyed a short walk in the park.
IMG_1124a

Summer is just getting started good here in Oregon but we are looking forward to some happy times in the sunshine.  It’s off to a good start.

14 comments:

  1. From this and previous posts I believe the grand-kids have inherited the goofy gene from the grandparents. Oh, that's not a bad thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like all the 'girls' enjoyed themselves today!! nothing like a day at the river to cool off!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a fun day was had by all ... the girls playing ... the grandparents watching.

    ReplyDelete
  4. For some reason, the cold water of a lake, river, etc. does not bother kids, especially boys. Now, getting them into a shower is another thing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fun! And we blog readers get to enjoy the antics as well. Always so good to see such happy people!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Skipping rocks is a fine art that should be practiced often! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nothing like a day spent skipping rocks and hamming it up for the camera. Give Poppy a big love from me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How fun! Two delightful granddaughters spending time with their elders. (That's nicer to say than "the old folks.") Looking forward to meeting you this week, and Happy Father's Day to Russ.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loved the photos of the granddaughters and their "antics!" I hope Poppy feels better soon!

    (I deleted the previous comment because apparently I can neither spell or type!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bekah is a girl after my own heart. I love wearing my slippers everywhere...well almost everywhere.

    Sorry to hear about Poppy. Maybe she just needs several days of good hot sun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful time spent with grandchildren. They grow up way too quickly. Sorry Poppy isn't feeling well, hope she's better soon. Got some sad news about my little fella Killer. Seems he's got a bad valve on the right side of his heart...thankfully the vet doesn't think he should go on the medicine yet as it will affect his kidneys. He said it's a fine balance to achieve so I'm hoping it will be a long time before he has to go on it. Some people think I'm crazy but Killer is as close to me as my children, he truly has my heart. He's been and still is a wonderful loving companion. He won't be able to run and can't walk for long distances anymore but that's ok too....he's with old folks who love him and we walk slower anyway. He's 10 now and like me, he has to make some life adjustments. With love and prayer we'll all do well. Prayers for you, Russ and Poppy always. And wishes for many many more happy days like this one....and peaceful nights.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, Poppy…I'm so sorry you're not feeling well. Extra pats and smooches from Jack and me. I ache for you and Russ, Donna.

    I can't believe how active Jack has become with the Previcox. I put the ramp to the couch away after the first day and hope it stays there for years. BamaGurl…you're not crazy.

    ReplyDelete