October 2014

October 2014
Day Trip to Oakridge Oct 2014

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Guest Post by POPPY!!

I try to be a good girl most of the time.  I hardly ever bark, I don’t run away, I listen to my mom and dad and I eat what they give me.   I don’t even beg for treats like I used to!  But you know, I’m getting on in years and there are times when you just have to say the heck with it and go for the gusto.

Today was one of those days.  Mom and Dad took me for a ride and Dad made a stop at DQ.  I know what DQ is because I used to get little “doggie cones” there.  I haven’t liked ice cream for a while now, but then Dad offered me a lick of his cone.

P1040074

He didn’t think I’d take it!!  Boy did I surprise him!
P1040062

I’d forgotten how good this stuff is.  Wow!  That’s heaven in a cone.
P1040063

I know, I shouldn’t have done it – but it was too good to quit. 
P1040064

Then Dad said I could eat the cone too, if I wanted!  Well, okay then.
P1040070

That was almost as good as the ice cream!  Tomorrow I’ll get back on my regular diet and eat what I’m supposed to.  But did I enjoy this day?  Oh yeah, you betcha!!
P1040072

Oh, by the way, Dad got another cone and he didn’t even share one lick of that one with me!
P1040073

Well all that ice cream made me pretty sleepy so I’ll say good night for now.
P1040071
Love, Poppy

29 comments:

  1. I just glanced at the clock and my local small town Dairy Queen is closed ... lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear from you poppy. Sounds like you've got your parents wrapped around your paw. Glad you worked them for some ice dream.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like the perfect day, Poppy. It is the little things that are truly the best : )
    Margie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Man Poppy - we don't ever get a whole cone to ourselves. Not even one of those baby ones. I need to know how you get your humans to be so good to you. Of course, I bark quite a bit and Skitz is always begging. So maybe we don't deserve a whole cone. But I still want to know your secret. Hope you had a great nap after that treat.

    Scooter

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey poppy its riggs.. i wrote our blog today too, guess it was blogger doggie day :-)
    while we were at the tempesta girls place we had a doggie ice cream social twice,one night it was peanut butter ice cream yummy. get your mom and dad to buy you some

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Poppy, that ice cream cone looked super yummy. I'm glad you were able to enjoy a treat that you used to like when you were younger.

    ReplyDelete
  7. When I had my beloved Odie dog I only gave her ice cream once. It did bad things to her and she had her first and only poopy accident in the house. No more ice cream for her! Frozen yogurt was Ok thoigh so we would go get a couple of cones from time to time. I still miss that girl!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad to see that Halley is not alone as an ice cream mooch:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. nice job on the post, Poppy!!! bet that ice cream tasted yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Poppy, you're just as hilarious as your doggie parents ;-))) Good to hear from you. I'll share a secret with you ... I like the occasional ice cream treat even though I probably should stick to the healthier frozen yogurt ;-))))

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi to you guys. love that Poppy not to mention your beautiful Oregon scenery.

    You might want to go to the comments settings and stop anonymous comments. Too funny but not really nice either. So annoying although Blogger spam watches usually catches them before they get published.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great Daddy you have to share his ice cream with you. Once in awhile going off our diets is a good thing. A gal's gotta do what a gal's gotta do!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Poppy, it's Maggie! Boy, did you have a barkin' great day! I love road trips, too, and had such a good time at the beach last month. I don't get ice cream but I have Poppa trained to give me a spoonful of yogurt when he has some! Teehee! Isn't it fun training our humans? Gentle woofs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's tomorrow and Burger King has 50 cent soft serves....Daddy needs to treat you again....

    ReplyDelete
  15. Adorable! When I'm traveling and stop for a cone, I ALWAYS get Cali a vanilla cup. If I don't get one for Cali, it's always a struggle to eat my own in peace... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful story by a beautiful member of your family. And the photographer did a good job of recording it.

    We're leaving Carson City today, headed your way.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Molly and Rylie are ice cream cone hounds too, Poppy. Glad to see your Dad at least shared one cone with you.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hey Poppy, we have not had ice cream yet! How do you do it?

    Oliver and Olivia

    ReplyDelete
  19. Poppy, next time insist on sprinkles.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Poppy, It's Betty and Joe remember us when we came to see you last year? I think you should tell mom and dad to take you to Baskins and Robbins.... there is a great flavor there that Joe likes called Baseball, and I love the peach party... It is sooo good I bet you would share even one bite with them. I agree, it was a great day for an ice cream!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Poppy, u are one beautiful lady!!! I'm so glad u enjoyed that whole cone and ur right, sometimes we just have to go for the gusto! We gotta have that quality of life and u definitely did today! Way to go Mom and Dad, y'all are good parents! Killer hasn't had much ice cream but we usually get him his own hamburger after his visit to the vet because he's always such a good boy....he waits patiently while his Mom cools it for him. These canines.....they are just adorable and soooo sweet! Love u Poppy! And Mom and Dad too!

    ReplyDelete
  22. There Poppy goes again...cracking me up. I just bet she loved every minute of the cone! Since we only go around once, might as well make the best of it.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Too funny, what a great writer Poppy is. Shameful that Dad wouldn't share his second cone with you...what a meanie!!! ;c)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Cute, cute, cute! Unfortunately, I think Katie would have a major tummy upset if I gave her ice cream, but I'm glad you love ice cream again. Don't tell anyone, but that's one of my downfalls. LOVE ice cream! :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Poppy, oh Poppy! That sure looks good! One way to trick Russ is when he pulls out and is steering with his left hand and holding the cone in this right hand…watch for him to look out the side view mirror and then go for it and it's yours…all yours! Unfortunately, Nancy caught on, but you can get away with it at least once. I suspect, however, that Russ and Donna will get you a cone every now and then just because it's time to enjoy life every minute. You sure are lucky to have them.

    You look so pretty, Poppy. We "yellow dogs" don' show our age as much as darker color dogs--aren't we lucky, but you look especially pretty, young, and content--especially after a WHOLE ice cream cone! I think it's good living that does that for us. ~ Love, Jack

    ReplyDelete