It was raining today so we didn’t get to do much shooting but I did manage a couple of shots of the backyard tulips.
(DANG IT! It looked fine on Live Writer and now my formatting is all off - oh well, it's making me frustrated so this will have to do)
So, baby steps I guess, as I learn to do something with this nice camera. Now all I need is a 300mm lens!! Maybe next Christmas.
THE END!
Yep, I need to work on learning my Nikon D100 better, too. It's so big to lug around. Every time I leave it home, I wish I had brought it. Saving for a long lens, too! Loved the tulip photos...
ReplyDeleteBaby steps are all good. I still need to learn how to use my point and shoot!
ReplyDeleteIf Judy can learn to use her new phone and you learn to use your Nikon I should be embarrassed that I still use my Canon as a "point and shoot" and that I can barely answer our phone. Well, you've been an inspiration in my blogging progress, if you master that camera I'll have no excuses.
ReplyDeleteWell if these are bad pictures, I will love seeing your "good" ones. The pink color tulips are very pretty. Good luck and hope you graduate Nikon School soon.
ReplyDeleteIf you learn any more, you might be really dangerous with that camera--dangerous in a good way, that is! :)
ReplyDeleteI am looking forward to seeing your "school work" Beautiful pictures
ReplyDeleteI had some regrets after giving my Nikon to my son--didn't think I'd miss it, but every now and then there are some things that just warrant a better camera. I DON'T miss carrying it around. I have a Panasonic Lumix, too, and it's always with me. I have a little case that I can hook to my belt loop, but around town (when I was around town), I carried it in my purse.
ReplyDeleteOtherwise, it's always within reach to take pictures of you know who. :)
I have to admit I've gotten lazy about carrying my Canon DSLR now that I have the SX50 with its great zoom ... but if I want to catch birds that are moving about, I have to get back into the habit of carrying it.
ReplyDeleteP.S. I find that if I want to do anything other than just insert photos between paras and center them, the Live Writer layout and my online layout don't match ... not even with the preview feature. It's a bummer ... but can't complain much since it is free and the best offline blog writer I've found to date.
DeleteSince I've always had a rather bulky camera, I guess I'm just used to lugging it around. Never owned one of those cameras you can fit in your pocket. I'm still working on figuring out the phone...
ReplyDeleteI would love to learn everything my camera can do. They had a class but we were leaving in two days and I missed it.
ReplyDeleteThe photo with the tulips in the back out of focus is lovely!
Great start with your baby steps on your Nikon DSLR.
ReplyDeleteI gave up on lugging my big DSLR clunker around when I began blogging four years ago. I've found that unless a blogger actually tells you they are using a DSLR camera, no one would know the photos from those taken by a good point-and-shoot.
But, it is still fun to learn something new and I'm sure you'll have a lot of fun learning the ropes on your Nikon.
You may even have to take up weight-lifting to strengthen up your arms to carry around that 300mm lens.
Yeah - it's not that I care whether or not I am using a DSLR, it's just that I (perhaps foolishly) purchased the camera and have been too lazy to learn to use it. I may decide it's not worth the effort but it seems like such a waste to just let it sit in the camera graveyard I have in my bedroom. I still have my Nikon 6006 film camera! The lenses fit my DSLR so that's one advantage.
DeleteI took classes when I had my DSLR and all the lenses. Then, I joined some photography organizations. A couple years ago I sold all my equipment on Craigslist and went totally to a point a shoot with a good zoom and a wide angle. The DSLR and all it's take-alongs was too big and too heavy. I don't regret the change. The little cameras have come a long ways.
ReplyDeleteAdore the pictures of the tulips. Reminds me of back home in Southern NJ this time of year.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful shots of the tulips! There's so much to learn about photography, but at least you won't need a darkroom and all those chemicals from days gone by. Cameras have come such a long way.
ReplyDeleteThey're all really nice with the drops of water and all. Did you spritz them? If I had to lug a big camera, I would never take any pictures.
ReplyDeleteNo spritzing - that's pure Oregon rain!! Mostly I think I will use the big camera for times when I am not walking very far - like in the backyard LOL!!
ReplyDeleteYou did a great job! Your pictures are beautiful. Evidently, your "school" is working.
ReplyDeleteCandy
You rock Donna! I am thinking of doing the same as there are so many things I don't know how to do with my camera. Is this an online course?
ReplyDeleteIf you like photographing there's no better feeling that taking your camera off auto. I never took any lessons with my Canon but I did find a great book. "Understanding Exposure" by Bryan Peterson. This is the only book you will ever need.
ReplyDeletePhotography and cameras can be so frustrating! I agree with Andy that using auto is the only way to learn the camera's potential but I dislike taking classes so just keep experimenting and complaining. Occasionally it all goes together. I also have a Canon and will look up "Understanding Exposure"...Thanks.
ReplyDelete