October 2014

October 2014
Day Trip to Oakridge Oct 2014

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

What a Dummy!!

I sent Russ to the orchard P1020114yesterday to get some fresh pears.  We have been going here for years for pears and apples and other fall delights.  It’s a great orchard and they have a good time at Halloween.  Not quite as fancy as the farm we go to all summer, but still a lot of fun. 

 Click on picture to show detail.
P1020123a

I wasn’t feeling that well, so I stayed home.  Russ got a few pictures of the old relics that decorate the farm.
P1020112

P1020115

P1020116

P1020117
Not being a farm girl, I have no idea what these machines were used for but they all look like hard work to me.

This is where you get coffee and samples of apple cider.
P1020118a

And Russ assured me this is a picture of an apple cider tree.  You can see they grow it right in the bottles.
P1020120
I didn’t have the heart to tell him it looked like a peach tree to me.

    Russ was gone for quite a while and he blamed it on stopping to take pictures along the way.
P1020130

P1020142
P1020146
P1020156
P1020161



It wasn’t until I read Rick’s blog the morning that I figured out what Russ was really doing all that time.  Good thing I have friends who help me keep track of my hubby or I might lose him.  Go ahead and click on the link - you know you want to.


Today we had bright blue skies and sunshine again in Eugene.  Allen and Lolita are making their way south and they were good enough to stop and have a soda and a short visit with us. 
P1020162


It was good to see them again and their sweet dog Lilly.  Travel safe guys.







There is a tree in our neighborhood that I love to watch for every fall.  It just seems to “POP” with color and today with the blue sky and sunshine, I couldn’t resist snapping a picture.  Hope the neighbors don’t think I’m a tree stalker.
P1020165
Next week it will probably be even more colorful.

Safe travels to all my snow-birding friends and hope to see you somewhere down the road.

21 comments:

  1. Great job with the photos Russ. You have a wonderful eye. I did see him in Rick's blog today bumming around in some pumpkin box. Hope he doesn't make that habit.
    Hope you feel better very soon Donna.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, beautiful photos! Soooo, Russ was spotted sneaking into Canada eh? Too funny!! hope you feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You folks have more fun than a barrel of apples... or is that cider? wait a minute... monkeys! You better start feeling better real fast so you can keep a closer eye on Russ.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a beautiful tree! Fall color is one of my favorite things about fall. I'm thinking I need to go to one of those farms that sell pumpkins, cider, and fall produce. Great pictures, Russ--you're no dummy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is one gorgeous tree! No wonder it took him so long to get the pears with the detour to Vancouver. :) Good thing you have others watching out for him. I'll keep my eyes peeled in case he sneaks southeast!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Judy, I just never know where he's going to turn up!!

      Delete
  6. Rusty farm equipment and Fall photos, two of my favorite things! I might just break into song.... Hope your are feeling better soon. That is no fun at all!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That tree is so beautiful. I don't blame you for keeping an eye on it each fall. You just may have to put a bell on Russ so you can keep track of where he's at.

    ReplyDelete
  8. how great the Russ goes out to do some errands and gives you something to 'blog about'!..nice to see that Allen and Lolita and Lily stopped by to see you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey, Russ is no dummy! I'm a dummy because with all our local Apple trees I never realized that there are Apple Cider trees too. Thanks, Russ. I'll be going for a drive tomorrow to see if we have those here on Vancouver Island.

    Love those pics of the old equipment. The last tree photo is fantastic too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What kind of seeds do you need to plant to grow an apple cider tree? This city raised boy wants to know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You take the apple seeds and put them in a plastic bottle cap and hope for the best.

      Delete
  11. Gorgeous tree ... no fall colors here and there may be none by the time we make it home.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the photos! Fall is definitely in the air. We'll be driving down I5 Friday but not sure where you're at.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are in Eugene, in the Santa Clara area. We usually drive out to the freeway to meet folks as they pass through so as not to disrupt their travel time. Give us a call if you make a rest stop in Eugene. 541-eight seven zero zero two eight one.

      Delete
  13. Oh! Would love to have that farm store here! We do have a couple of places about 60 miles away, north of Willcox. There are apple, peach and pear orchards right here is SE Arizona! We oughta take another trip up that way soon.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Russ did a good job all by himself. He took some great photos - I hope you are feeling better.

    The photo of the underside of the rusty bridge reminds me of the trail along the McKenzie River that Katie and I used to walk when we were at Armitage. The underside of the bridge was fascinating. Loved that RV park. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Disappointing. All that talk about relics, and still not one picture of Russ.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Russ was the relic behind the camera LOL

      Delete
    2. I was going easy on him because Rick called him a dummy!! I've recovered now so no more mercy...

      Delete
  16. Oh gee, Donna, you were right. I DID have to click on the link and got a great laugh.

    ReplyDelete