October 2014

October 2014
Day Trip to Oakridge Oct 2014

Thursday, October 18, 2012

Run Poppy, Run

Today started out cold and foggy but it improved from there to sunny and warm.  Won’t be too many more days like this so we are enjoying them to the max. 

We’ve been waiting for a plumber to show up for a couple of days and he finally came this morning.  Now we have hot water in our bathroom again.  Woo-Hoo!!  Yesterday, all we did was wait and Poppy was not happy about it.  She has it in her mind that she needs to go somewhere every single day.  If she doesn’t get her ride, she gets pushy.  She will tell anyone who will listen how abused she is.

So while we waited for the plumber who never showed up yesterday, we played a couple of rounds of Go Poppy, Go!  This game consists of me standing on the deck and clapping my hands and yelling “GO, Poppy, GO!”  Poppy’s role is to run out the sliding glass door, onto the deck, down the steps (without going headlong into the pool), thru the pool gate, across the lawn, in through the pet door, through the house and back out to the deck!  She loves this game and I am so happy to see her feeling well enough to participate.  It helps keep her happy when we can’t go out for a ride.

You can tell we (and she) are easily entertained!!  In fact this morning we were entertained by spider webs.  The fog we have been getting each morning causes heavy dew to collect in the spider webs.  Since it is so close to Halloween, it looks kinda neat.

This one in the front yard looks like that phony stuff you  stretch over your yard to scare little children.  It isn’t – it’s the real deal.
P1020173

And I thought this one from the backyard looks like a lace pattern one might find on a child's pinafore.

P1020180

This one was high overhead in a tree in the park.

P1020188

See, I told you we were easily entertained.  Our final entertainment for the day will be watching the Ducks take on the AZ. Sun Devils at 6 p.m. tonight.  They are playing in Tempe and we have had a few problems there in the past.  My Sis and her hubby are there to cheer on the Ducks so hopefully we will have something to cheer about.  GO DUCKS!!

Now if you all would like some nice entertainment, hop on over to Barbara’s blog at Me and My Dog.  Barbara has been posting some of her favorite pictures from the past to celebrate her 200,000 page views.  She has some fine ones.  Also, Weavers, did a great post on their last year of full time travel.  Al and Kelly are anxious to hit the road but Kelly has been sick.  Now Al is down too!!  Daggone it.  John has a new car but he hasn’t gone very far in it yet.  And Rick is on his own for a few days…apparently without any cookies.  Hey Rick, look in your computer.  I always find cookies there!!  And RV Sue and Nina and Paul are both in a favorite area of mine around the Alabama Hills near Lone Pine and Bishop, CA.

I know a lot of  you snowbirds are getting ready to hit the road or at least are making plans that way.  I hope you all have safe journeys and a whole lotta sunshine.

15 comments:

  1. You are an endless source of entertainment yourself! Love the Poppy story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that you've got a game for Poppy you need to start working on "go Russ go" and then everyone will be entertained.

    Go Ducks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I not only love spider webs, I love spiders as well! You sure did an excellent job capturing their magic on camera. I'm jealous! I haven't had a TV for nearly 40 years... talk about being easily entertained by my surroundings... our goats were our most entertainment when we lived on the farm ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow great web pictures...I can just picture poppy doing the track. I think that would be very entertaining....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now I know what I need to do when I get tired of waiting to go on a trip. I need to play a human version of "Go, Poppy, Go". On second thought, that sounds like too much trouble. I guess I'll settle for getting on the computer and reading about other people's travels. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Go, Russ, Go"? Now I'd sure like to see a picture of that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Judging by the size of those webs, they must be some big spiders!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't like spiders, but I like your pictures of the webs. Sewing spider webs on quilts is supposed to be good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Webs on the web. Nice.

    TravelBug-Susan

    ReplyDelete
  10. go Poppy go!!!..nice spider webs..there is one on the street light outside our condo..been there for a while..it gets wet in the rain, blows in the wind but it's still there!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cool header photo!
    Poppy cracks me up. When we were kids, we always wanted to go somewhere. My mom used to say that we had "Gasoline A--." I think this applies to Poppy...hehe
    Thanks for the shout out!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's always interesting and funny to see what dogs really love to do, a lot of times it doesn't take much - just like kids!

    Nice shots of those huge spider webs.

    No prob for the Ducks last night.

    I'm checking my computer for cookies as I write!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I LOVE all those spider webs, at least from a distance. So prety! Nice to be home and catch up with you....I'll keep reading backwards to learn why you had no water in the bathroom.

    ReplyDelete
  14. We had water, it was just COLD!! Water heater problem but it has been fixed. We have two water heaters so the main one was still operable but the one that supplies hot water to our bathroom was out.

    ReplyDelete