At work…
…at church…
…and at home…
In case you haven’t caught on, we enjoy our holidays. Even though these photos were taken many years ago, I still love to see the kids come to the door, regardless of their age. I figure if they are brave enough to put on a costume and knock on my door, they deserve a piece of candy.
Sometimes we bemoan the fact that our children grow up so fast, but then, when they want to do something childish like go trick or treating, we tell them to grow up. I say let them be children as long as possible. There will be plenty of time for them to grow up and plenty of times when we wish they would slow down.
My views on this have changed over the last number of years. I used to be in that camp that said trick or treating was only for the younger kids. Now I say, let them all come. I told Russ I wanted to make a sign that read, “All Ages Welcome” but then I figured I might get some old geezers with pumpkins on their heads knocking at my door. So we’ll just leave it at that and hope we get at least a few visitors this Wednesday night.
BTW, Russ got his “numbers” today from recent lab work.
glycohemoglobin (A1-c) 6.6 (You fellow diabetics will know that this is pretty good)
HDL 32
LDL 81
Total cholesterol 131
Tricyclerides 90
I’m very proud of Russ but it makes me mad too! No matter what I do, my numbers are never as good as his. Must be a guy thing!!
Remember, aging is mandatory, growing up is optional.
ReplyDeleteCongratulation to Russ on the numbers.
love the costumes of the past. ;-)
ReplyDeleteIt looks like you've had great Halloween times. Trick or treat!
ReplyDeleteI'd come trick and treating at your house if I was there. Love the costumes. And it definitely is a guy thing. Jim's Ac-1 is 5.8 and his doctor is overjoyed. But his tricyclerides are way way way too high. So we're working on them now. We don't talk about my counts. Way to go Russ!!!
ReplyDeleteWay to go with your numbers Russ, you must be living the good life!
ReplyDeleteFun to see ghosts of Halloweens past.
ReplyDeleteYou have made many wonderful memories for your family for generations to come.
ReplyDeleteAC1 was 8.1
Cholesterol 292
HDL 41.5
LDL 210
Triglicerides 204
;( Bad, Bad, Bad,
Russ I'm so happy for you that your numbers are so good. Are you on Cholestrol and Diabetes meds?
congrats on your numbers, Russ!..Donna?..oh well you can't win at everything?
ReplyDeletenice trip down memory lane!!
Those are great lab numbers, Russ. Good job! I enjoyed seeing the costume pictures. Happy Halloween!
ReplyDeleteGreat lab report, Russ! And, Donna... if I lived closeby I'd dress up and head for your house for trick or treat night. I wasn't even sure places DID the trick or treat thing these days.
ReplyDeleteWay to go Russ! Very proud of you...keep up the great work.
ReplyDeleteLove seeing the kids and grown-ups in those costumes. So much fun.
Fortunately neither of us has diabetes, so some of those numbers don't mean a thing; the others are terrific! We never get any kids here for Halloween, since this is a 55+ community and all of the available grandkids and great grandkids are a couple thousand or more miles away in their own neighborhoods where pickings are easier. We do have a costume party scheduled for Halloween, however, and it is well attended.
ReplyDeleteGreat work on the numbers, Russ.
ReplyDeleteBeware of 'old geezers' with pumpkins on their heads! They are not to be trusted.
I see Russ likes to get into the spirit of things at Halloween as well. Good for you guys; we didn't grow up with this holiday, but it has started to become popular in Turkey now, too.
ReplyDeleteGreat costumes. I especially like the last one. How funny! Congrats to Russ on his numbers, but it's not a guy thing, it's all in the genes. Some people just have high (or low) numbers. It's just not fair.
ReplyDelete