Bekah: Grandma, do you have an SD card with pictures on it I can borrow? I want to play around on the Wii with it. My card is a 4 gig and it won’t load in the Wii.
Grandma: Sure, bring me my camera.
Bekah: (with camera already opened and SD card removed) Oh good, yours is a 2 gig. That’ll work in the Wii.
Now that’s no big deal. But what surprises me is the ease with which these kids talk about and understand technology. Talking about gigs and gadgets is as comfortable to them as it was for me to ask for a couple of tin cans so I could make a telephone when I was their age. Progress!!
I finally got some good Oregon strawberries today and they were just as good as they look. YUM!
The day was warm and the girls had a great time in the pool. And what’s better in a pool than a boat?
Maybe two boats in the pool?
Even if one of those boats has seen better days. Believe it or not, this is one of the favorite toys.
And where there’s a will there’s a way…
Ah, the inventiveness of those agile young minds.
Next week we are taking a break and going (I think) to Sisters, Or. And then on Friday next week we get to meet Sue and Doug from Big Dawg and Freeway when they come through here on their way to the Oregon coast. Sue’s last post, working to live..living to dream…, was just a joy to read with lots of pictures of doggies having fun.
Carol and Dave have been having a great time in Yellowstone National park and Jerry and Suzy are winding up their visit to Yosemite…both great places to visit. Both of these blogs have some great pictures and some valuable information if you plan on visiting either of these parks.
My week with the grand girls is winding to a close. Tomorrow everyone will be going home. We are both pretty tired but it was well worth the effort. The visit would not be complete without Grandma coercing a few drum licks from Bekah.
Good night all…hope the drums don’t keep you awake. She gets pretty wound up at the end.
She's really having a good time and what energy. I really do need to find some good strawberries.
ReplyDeleteGood for Bekah in taking an interest in drums. Along with piano & bass guitar, drums were always high on my list to learn years ago but it just wasn't to be. Nice that you will get to meet Sue & Doug on their way through. We have met Jerry & Suzy several times & been enjoying their Yosemite travels. Yosemite is on our list.
ReplyDeleteAt least you could intelligently respond to your granddaughter. Not sure I could. :)
ReplyDeleteLoved the drums... My grandaughter and my brother both play the drums. My brother was in a band that traveled around the country. Glad your all having fun and the pool looks so refreahing!
ReplyDeleteTravel safe
Donna
ps... come on over to my new blog on Campground reviews and become a follower. It is still under construction but I plan on adding all the RV parks we have visited in the last 7 years of fulltiming...good thing I kept notes! I will still have both blogs to update.
http://tassiescampgroundreviews.blogspot.com/
Bekah's great on the drums! Good for her. Techno speak just seems to come natural for kids these days which I suppose makes sense. All one has to do is watch youngsters walking around and they all seem to be looking down at a gadget in their hand or have earplugs in listening to something.
ReplyDeletethat pool looks like a great place to be!!
ReplyDeletewe too are heading to Yosemite, OR, and our favorite place in the world Yellowstone, but I fear our timing is going to be off for meeting anyone.... argh!
amazing that it is finally warm enough to be IN the pool! yaay Oregon sunshine. Glad you get to meet Sue and Doug, we will miss them as we pass though BC because they will be in Oregon. ditto Judy. Many grandma's can't talk to their grandkids at all about gigs and such!
ReplyDeleteonly five more days and we shall meet!!..looking forward to it!!..the sun is shining today..the sky is blue and here I sit on our deck on the computer!....this time next week we will be in Port Orford!
ReplyDeleteBoy that water in the pool looks so cool and nice! I wish I could jump right in.
ReplyDeleteI learned more techno stuff from my kids when I was still teaching. They taught me something new everyday. It does come easy for them. :-)
Say hi to Doug and Sue for us. We will be at Glacier National Park when they are passing through our area, and we probably won't get a chance to see them while they are in Oregon.
ReplyDeleteI love to read about the adventures of your grandchildren. Good times!
Have a great time in Sisters. I would like to stay at the city park there sometime. Will you be there during the quilt show?
Good to have that tech skill and still be able to enjoy an old fashiioned romp in the pool :)
ReplyDelete